about 1 year ago
Crawley (flexible on locations)
Thales technology makes it possible for two thirds of planes to take off and land safely. Thales also protects 80% of the world’s payment card transactions and is Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics. Beyond that our people have made London’s Jubilee and Northern Lines 20% more efficient and have delivered more than 300 air defence radars in 26 countries. We’re a leading name in our markets and a diverse, constantly evolving organisation. Join us.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
- As a member of the Business Analyst team deliver and support application services that are “best in class” to support the needs of the various businesses and functions.
- To be the primary interface between UKIS and the business in the ERP space.
- To be the primary link between the tools, the people and the processes in Thales UK.
- To use industry standard Business Analysis techniques to be able to capture requirements and propose solutions to business issues.
- Manage key internal stakeholders to ensure and promote collaboration between UKIS and the Thales UK businesses.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Leadership of the Business Analysis team through:
- Manage and run functional user groups involving subject matter experts and Superusers.
- Be the accountable design authority to ensure tool and process harmonisation in the PLM space.
- Responsible for the integration of third party applications feeding in and out of PLM
- Develop and maintain the B1 Intranet pages to provide a central common point of focus for End users.
- Assisting the development and deployment of run services to ensure applications solutions provide full lifecycle management coverage.
- Agree and manage functional reporting requirements through the various reporting toolsets used in Thales, ensuring that critical business information is available in a timely and accurate manner.
- Capture, triage and delivery of Thales UK business IS requirements through process analysis, initial solution design through to delivery.
- Take part in and/or lead project work as determined in the UKISMP.
- Undertake proactive business process analysis to identify and promote solutions where business efficiency can be improved.
- Support the Thales UK businesses to adopt common processes and common toolsets.
- Good all round knowledge of applications used in key business functions (PLM, ERP, PMO tools, Reporting Platforms, etc.)
- Established Business Analysis skills to identify business need and determine solutions
- Ability to be able to deliver training material, process briefings, requirements capture, etc. to small and large audiences.
- Implement solutions whether technical and/ or process related
- Recognise the importance that data and data integrity play in managing a business and the tools that support the process.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team Leadership by example
- Understanding of project management principles and processes.
- Ability to drive and deliver change management activity.
- Able to deliver using established Thales project delivery processes.
- Understanding of how the different business functions interact and to be able to translate these interactions into joined up IS solutions and processes.
- Excellent skill level in common office tools (MS office suite etc).
- Good all round knowledge of business structures and processes. How businesses work and how they use toolsets to promote efficiency
- Broad IT Knowledge (IS strategy, infrastructure, architecture, security and service management)
- Design to implementation methodologies, preferably gained through practical experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity with a global, innovative company. Join us.
Together We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss with your Resourcing Business partner.