3 months ago
Core Benefits: Healthcare Cash Plan, Gain share Incentive Plan, Notable Pension Contribution and 27 days holiday per year plus one additional company day
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Application Packager playing a key role in the future of application packaging and development as Thales’ technology platform evolves. This role is responsible for redeveloping new application requests, working on 3rd line application incidents, application quality assurance and application migrations between live and UAT environments. Working closely with infrastructure, security and network specialists you will support in the design of solutions to meet business requirements whilst adhering to established architecture standards, security policies and IS Strategy.
Thales technology makes it possible for two thirds of planes to take off and land safely. Thales also protects 80% of the world’s payment card transactions and is Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics. Beyond that our people have made London’s Jubilee and Northern lines 20% more efficient and have delivered more than 300 air defence radars in 26 countries. We’re a leading name in our markets and a diverse, constantly evolving organisation.
To succeed you will need a strong understanding of client operating systems, have a genuine desire to help customers, give a great user experience and have a strong attention to detail.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
* Excellent understanding of applications and client operating systems – Windows 7 or 10
* Experience of a Horizon View Environment
* Knowledge of PowerShell 2.0 and higher
* Ability to install/uninstall and troubleshoot applications
* Understanding of packaging technologies such as MSI, ThinApp and App-V
* Knowledge of packaging toolsets such as AdminStudio/InstallShield/ThinApp Capture tools
* Ability to create MSI/Transforms/Patches and ThinApp packages
* Strong understanding of virtualisation tools such VMware Workstation/vSphere/Horizon View
* Excellent discovery skills for software installation/compatibility/removal etc.
* Strong documentation skills with a good attention to detail
* Understanding of application testing techniques including patch and regression testing
* Distribution of software via SCCM
* Monitoring application distribution via SCCM
* Application reporting on installation/upgrade/removal status
* Managing requests, incidents, change and problem records within ‘ServiceNow’
* A solid understanding of the full capabilities of ServiceNow
* Managing application workload throughout JIRA
* Investigating new application distribution or packaging technologies (VMware View/RDSH/AppVolumes/ App-X etc.
* Scripting skills including VBscript/ Batch/ PowerShell
* Strong customer service skills
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* A good understanding of legacy technologies, recognition of historical working practices that have contributed to state of existing solutions
* Applications domain experience – server and client applications, workplace, web etc.
* Good SCCM 2012 & SCCM 2016 Knowledge
* Broad IT Knowledge - applications, presentation services, storage, networks, IT infrastructure, service level agreements, asset management, etc.
* Demonstrable planning and task management skills
* Customer facing/customer management experience at all levels
* Good communicator, both written and verbal
* Knowledge of development languages: ASP.NET, MVC, VB, C#, PHP, Java.
* Team Working – time and task management, trustable, dependable, innovative
* Logical Analysis – task completer
* Business awareness (business case, organisation, business process, strategic planning, business Functions)
* Excellent Word, Excel, VISIO, PowerPoint skills, Office technologies
* Large application deployment and or upgrade experience
* Understanding of ‘service oriented’ architecture.
* Understanding of relational database architectures
* Understanding of multi-tier application architectures
To play a key role in driving the success of a worldwide organisation and to join a talented team click the apply button now.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!