2 months ago
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini’s financial services specialists provide a complete range of services to help our clients capture sustainable business results. Our Financial Services Strategic Business Unit is a global organization which focuses on key financial services domains: Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance, Payments & Cards, Wealth and Asset Management, and Risk Management & Compliance. In addition to these domain areas, we have global practices that are dedicated to building innovative solutions in the areas of Business Information Management, Channels, Finance Transformation, Technology Development & Integration, and Testing.
The focus of you’re role
We are looking to recruit an Android Developer to join Capgemini Financial Services Digital Practice. This is a permanent, fulltime position and this represents a unique opportunity for someone to enhance their Digital Consulting career
What you’ll do
The range of activities that our Android Developer get involved with is extensive and includes:
* Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
* Design build and maintain high performance reusable and reliable Java code
* Ensure the best possible performance quality and responsiveness of the application Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
* Follow security guidelines with application development
* Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code
* Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
* Design and build advanced app features for the Android platform
* Independently craft project solutions by applying solid Object-Oriented-Design principles.
* Working in a team of talented Android engineers developing amazing native apps
What you’ll bring
* Strong knowledge of Android SDK different versions of Android and how to deal with different screen sizes
* Familiarity with Restful APIs to connect Android applications to back end services.
* Experience with offline storage threading and performance tuning
* Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces such as touch.
* Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
* Understanding of Google s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
* Familiarity with continuous integration Jenkins.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisation across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of almost 220,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2019 global revenues of EUR 14.1 billion.
November 5, 2020
Permanent Full Time