8 months ago
We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
Now TV is just over four years old. We approach everything we do with fresh eyes, we’re bold, ambitious and are revolutionising the sector. We’re positive, upbeat, up for it and progressive – always on, putting the customer at the heart of what we do. Innovation is in our DNA. We’re the only place you can enjoy Sky Cinema and Sky Sports without a contract or monthly subscription. We are TV on our customers terms. We are Now TV.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our NOW TV Team.
As part of the Sky family, you’ll enjoy either: Sky Q (requires a one-off installation payment) or a NOW TV premium package, as well as a generous pension and private health care. You’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our award-winning London, UK campus boasts six subsidised restaurants, a cinema, gym, and much more.
This is a role within a new project crafting a set of mobile applications that enable customers to browse, buy and watch Sky’s content. You will be instrumental in developing working practices to enable fast and efficient delivery capability.
– Collaborate daily with the Scrum team (Scrum Masters, Developers, Analysts, Testers & Designers) to help produce acceptance criteria for user stories, providing technical and domain expertise that will help drive decision making
– Work effectively with colleagues of various technical backgrounds to turn an idea into a finished product
– Quality should be at the heart of everything you do. Along with the wider team you’ll be responsible for ensuring quality and security of the application. This will include writing and maintain existing unit tests (TDD) and help drive forward our efforts in BDD
– Create components to meet business requirements building robust high-volume applications
– Work with the platform and API teams to define the service interfaces to support the products
– Proven Android development background with solid experience in Java and Kotlin
– Broad experience of developing user interfaces, working with UX/UI designers
– Awareness of principals of managing development processes with an interest in agile development practices e.g. XP, Scrum and experience with TDD/BDD and unit testing Android applications
– Sound understanding of design patterns and solid grasp of Object-Oriented design
– Experience working with RESTful APIs
– Ability to work alone / be proactive / excellent problem-solving skills
– Familiarity with Server-Side integration
– As an additional benefit: knowledge of video/streaming technologies and applications
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about