21 days ago
POSTING END DATE: 15/11/2017
ADVERTISED SALARY: £35000-£45000
An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world’s most iconic brands. Jaguar Land Rover is revered across the globe. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll provide the power behind our vehicles working in our Powertrain Engineering team. You'll find the ideal balance between performance and sustainability, while responding to the environmental issues that shape our industry.
As Electrification Data Analytics Engineer, you'll form the central coordination, management, and development of how the department uses data more effectively. Drawing together data from a variety of sources, you’ll define an approach that is consistent with the cross business strategy regarding data storage, preparation, and usage.
In your role you’ll:
* Be the single point of contact for Electrification data management and approach and delivery of analytics
* Develop big data strategy for Electrification department whilst linking in strategies deployed within Powertrain and other business functions
* Develop analytical models from a specification and manage stakeholder and their
* Become subject matter expert in current tools and techniques (SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, Knime, Rapidminer, VBA)
* Explore data sources such as BigQuery, Tableau, and Excel and develop a creative plan for expanding understanding across the department
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
* Extensive experience within an engineering discipline
* Strong understanding of automotive data sources
* Problem solving abilities, which could be from across a variety of functions (eg 8D, DMAIC, 6 Sigma)
* Practical experience of manipulating and developing large data source to extract efficient insights
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you will find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team. Our employees have access to a privilege car purchase scheme, membership of a competitive pension plan, performance related bonus scheme and 26 days holiday entitlement. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.