about 1 month ago
Analytical Platform Product Manager
You will be responsible for the CAZ platform, driving efficiency and implementing the roadmap associated with this product. You will act as the interface with data product teams who use the CAZ to process data to provide insights into how to solve critical business problems. Leading and working as part of an agile, multi-disciplinary team consisting of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, DevOpS Engineers, Data Science Product Managers and Domain Experts, the CAZ Product Owner will engage with internal customers to clearly understand the types of big data and data science techniques required of the CAZ and then translate these requirements into user stories and a prioritised backlog for a team of DevOps Engineers.
Nature and Scope
EDF is the market leader in electricity supply to business customers with a c.20% market share and has c.11% (4th largest supplier) in the residential market. The UK market for gas and electricity is widely considered to be the most competitive of EU energy markets. It is also a market subject to intense political, regulatory and media scrutiny and attention. This requires the business mange project finances closely, optimising capital expenditure, providing strategic insight, challenge and support, consistently looking to implement financial and process efficiencies.
BC&IT has recently established a function to accelerate value from data. The Data team is focussed on delivering high value insights from the various applications, platforms and data to inform business decision making in support of the Customers overall strategy. The team consists of various technical and specialists that explore data using innovative statistical, analytical and machine learning approaches to derive insights which will improve operational efficiencies and enable high-value customer propositions.
Framework & Boundaries
Customers operate within a fast paced, continuously evolving environment giving rise to key challenges including responding to regulatory and market reforms through innovative products, services or processes, creating value in tight margin highly competitive market places, and building trust with customers. Employee mix includes directly sourced contact centre staff and increasingly outsourced capability both on and off shore.
The job holder is fully empowered to make decisions, in consultation with relevant stakeholders, and to make other decisions in accordance with the Customers FAL matrix. They will be expected to engage with senior stakeholders, escalating where necessary and presenting clear and concise information.
* Develop a product-oriented strategy for the platform which includes experience of defining and delivering minimum viable products by running A/B tests and making data orientated decisions. Own the technology roadmap for the platform to define prodct lifecycle and strategy cvering multiple customer sets and requirements. Act as the lead in liasing with the senior business stakeholders to define the requirements based on the customer needs to identify the product value, shape the investment case and technology RoI in qualitative terms.
* Responsible for driving and developing the platform agile workflow and have proven experience in driving an agile team and practices. Understanding of modern cloud infrastructure development practices and workflow (DevOps, Terraform modules & layer, Jenkins pipeline, semantic versioning, tagging, releases cadence). Knowledge on how to administer/configure jira boards and understanding of flows efficiency is an asset.
* Work with Platform Customers (Data Engineering, Data Sciences, Infra DevOps) to establish detailed Technical Platform roadmap. Broker agreement with Platform Customers on Epic customer features, technical scope and priorities. Own the final decision in case of disagreement and manage the overall scope of the requirement which includes managing the costs, delivery, risks and governance. Work with Platform Team to ensure Technical Stories are aligned to Epic scope and coordinate the development
* Good understanding of Cloud technical solution proposed by the team, require some understanding of DevOps practices, require some understanding of Data Engineering and Data Sciences practices to ensure solution meets customer requirements; solution meets security and governance requirements; solution is deliverable within agreed estimated timeline. Ensure the platform team follows the agreed agile workflow.
* Be the key point of contact for engagement of Business Owners, End-Users and Stakeholders for the CAZ platform. Lead and represent the team at all key meetings with Sponsors, Business Owners, End-Users and Stakeholders including product demonstration, retrospective and backlog generation sessions.
* Understand and apply modern Data practices (no practice required but understanding reasons behind key concepts of why data architecture have evolved to what they are today) and knowledge of Cloud architecture (associate level) to understand the vision and translate it. Require good understanding of data protection / cloud security mechanisms and requirements to ensure the data is always safe.
* Experience working in a matrix organisation and management of resources across the organisation. Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, supplier management and influencing skills
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
Knowledge & Skills
* 3+ years’ experience within the energy industry in a commercial, financial, strategy or other analytical role
* Analytical mind-set with positive attitude to problem solving
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to appreciate technical information and transform into clear and understandable conclusions for a non-expert audience
* Demonstrated ability and flexibility to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
* Adaptable with experience of multi-tasking and working on their own initiative
* Customer mindset with focus on delivering high quality output on time and budget
* Transparent and open in their approach and willing to continually improve through acting on constructive feedback
* Critical thinker who is willing to use evidence to challenge prevailing systems and processes
* Experience with key functions of an energy supplier (e.g. customer services, digital channels, sales & marketing, debt recovery, commercial strategy or finance)
* Knowledge and experience of process optimization or lean techniques
* Demonstrated ability in building financial business cases
* Academic or hands-on experience of statistical techniques
* Knowledge of cloud technologies, big data and data science
* Experience of working with Agile delivery (scrum)