5 months ago
Job ID : 75761BR
Location : United Kingdom - Milton Park
To manage, co-ordinate and implement the development of analytical methodologies for the analysis of pharmaceutical materials, procured from, or manufactured on behalf of, the clients.
To assume responsibility for the analytical activities of assigned projects within PDS, Milton Park. To oversee the execution of project and functional activities as required and to represent the function on client project teams.
Use extensive experience to validate and apply analytical methods to drug substance and drug product samples in support of PDS development projects ensuring that all current Patheon Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), current Good Manufacturing Practices, current Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), safety requirements, corporate quality standards and client agreed project commitments are achieved.
Working with the manager to assume delegated responsibility for the development and training of and planning within the team, and for maintaining compliant processes within the laboratory.
* Liaising with the manager to adjust the activities of the assigned projects to complete projects to the required quality and agreed deadlines.
* Working with the manager to ensure full utilisation of the teams resources available to ensure maximum effectiveness in achieving project objectives.
* To ensure that appropriate levels of GMP compliance are maintained in the AD laboratories.
* To generate, assimilate and evaluate technical and scientific data and issue reports in line with project objectives.
* To employ the principle of continuous improvement and a basis of teamwork in day to day activities.
* To set and maintain appropriate goals and standards of performance for self and taking the initiative to achieve breakthroughs.
* To ensure individuals interact and exchange ideas within the group and with other scientists, to foster a creative culture.
· To have an appropriate system for monitoring the progress of job activities and assignments; recommending and taking corrective action, when necessary.
* Assisting manager to effectively manage multiple conflicting or simultaneous priorities.
* To provide clear status reports of projects to internal / client representatives at appropriate times.
* To participate actively in meetings, and take a leadership role when required.
* To be fully conversant with international, national and company requirements which apply to pharmaceutical development and manufacturing, employee safety and personnel management, and to apply them.
* Ensure that all cGMP and safety training is conducted in conformance with Departmental, Site and Corporate requirements.
* Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
* Performs other reasonable duties as assigned.