8 months ago
£26,500 per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Category: Graduate Jobs
QinetiQ is a leading science and engineering company operating primarily in the defence, security and critical infrastructure markets. We offer our customers world-class expertise through our services and innovative technology-based products. Our people proactively understand our customers’ current and future needs and create and enable solutions at greater pace to meet current, adjacent and emergent threats. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: £26,500 per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Start Date: September 2020
In the Analysis, Modelling & Simulation discipline we are looking for graduates become part of wider team of Mission Systems experts who influence the way mission systems are designed and operate in increasingly complex environments. You will develop the skills needed to contribute to the delivery of a wide range of programmes, primarily for military or government customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
You’ll be contributing to some of most challenging science and technology programmes in the UK and could be responsible for:
- Assessing performance through data and statistical analysis.
- Development of tools and models to improve efficiency and answer complex problems.
- Innovative thinking and novel approaches to analysis techniques.
- Adapting and applying knowledge to unfamiliar domains.
Joining QinetiQ you will:
- Work in a variety of teams that deliver cutting-edge solutions on advanced platforms and systems.
- Be challenged to be creative and innovative, developing a deep understanding of information and data flow and exploitation.
- Be part of a two year graduate programme allowing you to develop your technical expertise whilst getting the opportunity to experience a wider range of experience as well
- Get access to training to develop your technical and leadership skills
- Get the opportunity to support community projects, for example acting as a STEM ambassador to local schools
To apply for the role you MUST meet the following criteria;
- Have attained, or are about to attain a minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) subject
- Be willing to learn, and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning at pace
- Hold full British Citizenship
- Have a keen interest in technology and engineering, including areas such as:
Simulation, operational analysis and synthetic environments.
Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence.
Communication systems and techniques, including datalinks
Scripting and programming (e.g. Python, MATLAB).
Please be aware that this role is subject to both security & export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that you must hold full British citizenship and obtain the right to stay and work within the UK. Holding dual nationality may restrict the roles that you can perform within QinetiQ.
As well as the opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of the technology sector you will also receive:
- Flexible Employee Benefits
- Annual Salary Review
- Recognition Scheme, volunteering - helping charities & local communities
- Up to 50% discount on meals across a wide range of restaurants
- Up to 15% off high street stores and 40% off cinema tickets
- Buy annual leave, flexible working, social events, employee assistance 24/7
- Gym and sports facilities on larger sites
- 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Much more!