9 months ago
£26,500 per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Category: Graduate Jobs
QinetiQ is a leading science and engineering company operating primarily in the defence, security and critical infrastructure markets. We offer our customers world-class expertise through our services and innovative technology-based products. Our people proactively understand our customers’ current and future needs and create and enable solutions at greater pace to meet current, adjacent and emergent threats. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: £26,500 per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Start Date: September 2020
In the Analysis, Modelling & Simulation discipline we are looking for graduates become part of a team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers who use techniques from Statistics, Computer Science and Engineering, and work closely with Human Sciences specialists, to derive meaningful information from complex data. You will develop the skills needed to contribute to the delivery of a wide range of programmes, primarily for military or government customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
You’ll be contributing to some of most challenging information technology programmes in the UK and could be responsible for:
- Applying leading-edge data analytic techniques; Big Data, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision and Tracking; to answer complex problems;
- Designing new tools and software components/services to perform extraction, cleansing, association, modelling, inference and visualisation of both structured and unstructured data;
- Adapting and applying knowledge to difficult problems in unfamiliar domains.
Joining QinetiQ you will:
- Be part of a two year graduate programme allowing you to develop your technical expertise whilst getting the opportunity to experience a wider range of experience as well;
- Get access to training to develop your technical and leadership skills;
- Get the opportunity to support community projects, for example acting as a STEM ambassador to local schools.
To apply for the role you MUST meet the following criteria;
- Have attained, or are about to attain a minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) subject;
- Be willing to learn, and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning at pace;
- Have a good team-working ethic and have the ability to generate clear and well-structured input to reports and customer presentations;
- Have an interest in information technology and data engineering, including areas such as:
Natural Language Processing
- Hold full British Citizenship;
- Willing to undergo government vetting to achieve DV.
Please be aware that this role is subject to both security & export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that you must hold full British citizenship and obtain the right to stay and work within the UK. Holding dual nationality may restrict the roles that you can perform within QinetiQ.
As well as the opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of the technology sector you will also receive:
- Flexible Employee Benefits
- Annual Salary Review
- Recognition Scheme, volunteering - helping charities & local communities
- Up to 50% discount on meals across a wide range of restaurants
- Up to 15% off high street stores and 40% off cinema tickets
- Buy annual leave, flexible working, social events, employee assistance 24/7
- Gym and sports facilities on larger sites
- 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Much more!