4 months ago
QinetiQ is a leading science and engineering company operating primarily in the defence, security and critical infrastructure markets. We offer our customers world-class expertise through our services and innovative technology-based products. Our people proactively understand our customers’ current and future needs and create and enable solutions at greater pace to meet current, adjacent and emergent threats. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: £26,500 per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Start Date: September 2020
In the Analysis, Modelling & Simulation discipline we are looking for graduates become part of wider team of Operational Analysts who work on the mathematical and logical arguments that support decision making in research themes and defence procurement. You will develop the skills needed to contribute to the delivery of a wide range of programmes, primarily for military or government customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
You’ll be contributing to some of most challenging science and technology programmes in the UK and could be responsible for:
- Engaging clients and stakeholders and presenting project outcomes to a range of decision makers;
- Thinking innovatively to apply analysis techniques to customer problems;
- Eliciting data and information from diverse stakeholders;
- Conducting Balance of Investment cases that inform business cases;
- Presenting analytical approaches and the resulting evidence to customers and scrutineers; and
- Adapting and applying knowledge to unfamiliar domains.
Joining QinetiQ you will:
- Work on projects to deliver clear advice on the strengths and weaknesses of a variety of solutions to customer problems;
- Be challenged to be creative and innovative, developing a deep understanding of engineering modelling, system simulation and data exploitation;
- Be part of a two year graduate programme allowing you to develop your technical expertise whilst getting the opportunity to experience a wider range of experience as well;
- Get access to training to develop your technical and leadership skills;
- Get the opportunity to support community projects, for example acting as a STEM ambassador to local schools.
To apply for the role you MUST meet the following criteria;
- Have attained, or are about to attain a minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in a numerate subject (e.g.
- science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) subjects);
- Be willing to learn, and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning at pace;
- Have a good team-working ethic and have the ability to generate clear and well-structured input to reports and customer presentations;
- Have a keen interest in problem solving and military operations,
- An understanding of quantitative analysis techniques, such as:
Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis;
Linear programming; or
Computer modelling and simulation.
- Hold full British Citizenship.
Please be aware that this role is subject to both security & export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that you must hold full British citizenship and obtain the right to stay and work within the UK. Holding dual nationality may restrict the roles that you can perform within QinetiQ.
As well as the opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of the technology sector you will also receive:
- Flexible Employee Benefits
- Annual Salary Review
- Recognition Scheme, volunteering - helping charities & local communities
- Up to 50% discount on meals across a wide range of restaurants
- Up to 15% off high street stores and 40% off cinema tickets
- Buy annual leave, flexible working, social events, employee assistance 24/7
- Gym and sports facilities on larger sites
- 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Much more!
26 days ago
only 3 days until close
27 days ago
only 1 day until close
18 days ago
only 11 days until close