10 months ago
£26,500 per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Category: Graduate Jobs
QinetiQ is a leading science and engineering company operating primarily in the defence, security and critical infrastructure markets. We offer our customers world-class expertise through our services and innovative technology-based products. Our people proactively understand our customers’ current and future needs and create and enable solutions at greater pace to meet current, adjacent and emergent threats. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: £26,500 per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Start Date: September 2020
In the Analysis, Modelling & Simulation discipline we are looking for graduates become part of wider team of Cost and Risk analysts that work in a consulting environment, often at clients’ premises, advising on major procurement activities and support delivery of large, complex projects and significant organisational change programmes. They mostly work on defence projects, but also support other national and local government departments, and some commercial clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
You’ll be contributing to some of most challenging science and technology programmes in the UK and could be responsible for:
- Requirements capture, data gathering and identification of data uncertainty;
- Identification of cost drivers and designing and implementing cost estimation models;
- Identification of risk and opportunity factors and analysis of these through Monte Carlo techniques.
- Running risk management tools (ARM, Predict! etc);
- Undertaking project schedule analytics and reporting methodologies (e.g. Critical Path analysis).
Joining QinetiQ you will:
- Be part of a two year graduate programme allowing you to develop your technical expertise whilst getting the opportunity to experience a wider range of experience as well;
- Get access to training to develop your technical and leadership skills;
- You are likely to be working towards membership of a professional institution;
- Get the opportunity to support community projects, for example acting as a STEM ambassador to local schools.
To apply for the role you MUST meet the following criteria;
- Have attained, or are about to attain a minimum of a 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in a numerate subject (e.g.
- science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) subjects);
- Be willing to learn, and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning at pace;
- Have a good team-working ethic and have the ability to generate clear and well-structured input to reports and customer presentations;
- Have an interest in technology and engineering, including areas such as:
Project management methods and techniques (e.g. project planning, scheduling, Earned Value Management)
Computer data analysis, modelling and simulation;
Collaborative working within a team.
- Hold full British Citizenship.
Please be aware that this role is subject to both security & export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that you must hold full British citizenship and obtain the right to stay and work within the UK. Holding dual nationality may restrict the roles that you can perform within QinetiQ.
As well as the opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of the technology sector you will also receive:
- Flexible Employee Benefits
- Annual Salary Review
- Recognition Scheme, volunteering - helping charities & local communities
- Up to 50% discount on meals across a wide range of restaurants
- Up to 15% off high street stores and 40% off cinema tickets
- Buy annual leave, flexible working, social events, employee assistance 24/7
- Gym and sports facilities on larger sites
- 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Much more!