8 months ago
Assist Site Manager and Assistant Delivery Manager in the planning and safe delivery of Track Renewals and Enhancement work packages in compliance with the appropriate Company/Network Rail Group and Line Standards and Safety Legislation within agreed financial targets.
Assist in the detailed planning and execution of Track Renewal and Enhancement Works as allocated by the Principle Engineer Installation.
Responsible for planning and directing the activities of track staff.
Assist and attend Whiteboard/Stage Gate meetings in accordance with Alliance procedures producing the required outputs to support effective and robust delivery of the works to completion.
Ensure agreed performance and other KPI's are met
Ensure compliance with financial targets for all works.
Ensure compliance with all relevant Safety Legislation and Welfare Regulations.
Responsible for ensuring all works undertaken comply with contract specifications and Network Rail Group and Line Standards.
Responsible for ensuring works are undertaken by competent staff.
10.Ensure maximum utilisation of resources in delivery of all works
Ensure all staff have the necessary skills and are competent to undertake all duties safely, efficiently and to agreed Specification.
Ensure all works are carried out safely in accordance with Rules, Regulations and appropriate Safety Legislation
Participate in the planning and preparation of Track Renewal and Enhancement works.
Co-ordinate/Chair/Attend and record site meetings.
Produce status and progress reports on site works.
Ensure all works are undertaken in accordance with the WPP and any deviations from programme timings are reported in a timely manner.
Ensure track inspections are undertaken as stipulated in Network Rail Line Standards.
Undertake safety inspection as stipulated in Alliance procedures and requirements.
Assist in the production of WPP's and Task Briefs.
Ensure appropriate Daily Work Returns (Planned v Actuals) are submitted in a timely manner
Undertake accident/incident investigations as required.
Ensure adequate provision of welfare facilities.
Procure tool, materials, small plant, lights etc for contracted works.
Participate in the Alliance Safety Briefing Programme.
'On Call' as required.
Role takes on the key responsibility of cost effective delivery in line with the budget for the job. This includes the procurement of labour, plant and materials in line with the target estimate and capturing any variation to the estimate and highlighting this to the Delivery Manager.
Role may require the duty holder to participate in the formation of target cost estimates for the construction work.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
In depth knowledge of Track Renewals discipline.
Excellent knowledge of Rules and Regulations, HASAW and other appropriate regulations, including Group Standards
Knowledge of financial controls.
Excellent interpersonal and man management skills
Ability to write clear and concise reports.
Ability to drive
PTS, Lookout, Handsignalman, PICOP, COSS and Engineering Supervisor
A minimum of 5 years experience in Permanent Way maintenance/track renewals with at least 2 years at Assistant Site Supervisors level.
Role Profile S&C South Alliance
* Inform the development of track and enhancement schemes for allocated annual portfolio of works from GRIP stages 4 to 8. In some instances the accountability will be for GRIP stages 1 to 8.
* Inform the management and mitigation of programme risks and compliance with the requirements of DWWP, Safety Verification, QRSA and scheme readiness.
* Inform the requirements to secure Access, Haulage and Strategic Plant to deliver schemes safely and efficiently.
* Inform the requirements to secure S&C manufacture and delivery to site in timescales expected by the supplier.
* Day to day delivery of Track and Enhancement schemes safely and efficiently.
* Integrate to ensure that robust testing and commissioning strategies are in place to deliver schemes safely and efficiently.
* Ensure robust Asset Management and other industry standards are applied to allocated schemes
* Manage the requirements of Change Management, Monitoring of COWD/AFC, assist in the agreement of Target Costs.
* Inform to ensure a robust strategy of supply of goods and services deliver the best value for the programme.
* Inform to ensure that all goods, materials, adequate and competent human resource are correctly forecast and organised to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of schemes.
* Key point of contact for the Local Maintenance Organisation
Colas Rail in the United Kingdom values and encourages diversity in our workforce, regardless of background, disability or gender. As part of our aim to deliver quality services, we are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination.
Colas Rail currently works with a number of approved recruitment suppliers. We will therefore not consider CVs or speculative proposals from any other agencies. Recruitment agencies not currently approved as preferred suppliers are kindly requested not to submit speculative CVs to any part of Colas Rail.