about 1 month ago
Algorithmic Trading Java Developer
Information Technology (IT), Investment Banking
Job Reference #
Are you interested in algorithmic trading? We are seeking an experienced developer to join our electronic trading team within UBS Global Markets.
You will be building a new system to electronically execute client orders across equities, fixed income, exchange traded derivatives and FX, applying industry-leading approaches to order routing, including machine-learning techniques, to grow client business and revenues. You will be a talented software engineer, an expert Java developer and ideally have experience of building and integrating order and execution management systems across multiple asset classes. You will be involved in all stages of development: proactively analysing business requirements, collaboratively designing solutions and writing high-quality code.
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You will be joining the Execution Hub team in London, made up of developers, quants and traders. Execution Hub is a global trading business that manages and executes client orders on behalf of large institutions, such as asset managers and wealth managers, engaging with all other electronic brokers in the market, as well as UBS Investment Bank, to source and engage liquidity. Execution Hub operates across all asset classes, including equities, fixed income, exchange traded derivatives and FX and across many different order types such as limit, market, stop, stop limit and algorithmic orders. You will gain exposure across all these areas.
• Expert Java skills
• Kx Kdb or SQL experience
• Experience of distributed systems including reactive-style or event-based programming, messaging and databases
• Excellent software engineering practices with a proactive approach to their application
• Good knowledge of trading either equities, fixed income and/or futures with strong problem-solving skills to develop solutions in this domain
• Multi-asset class order and execution management systems
• A person of integrity, comfortable to challenge, who collaborates naturally and takes ownership of business deliveries