about 1 month ago
Location: Crawley, United Kingdom
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Job Title: Airworthiness Certification Manager
Primary Purpose of the Role
Lead on all activities associated with the Airworthiness Certification of avionic products and systems throughout the engineering life cycle
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
* Develops the certification strategy for the bid, project or product line; seeking agreement and approval from the Head of Airworthiness (HoA).
* Influences the definition of the certification basis with clients and authorities via the HoA; Captures the certification basis of the project in Certification Plans including the classification of changes
* Manage the certification activities and certification schedule of the project/product in accordance with agreed Certification Plans, including inputs from all participating Thales entities
* Ensures production of all certification outputs, including their conformance to company and regulatory policy, and delivery to the client/authorities
* Guarantees the correct management of design changes and design deviations through the publication process and DDP, and the completeness of the certification justification dossier and its approval by SQEP staff
* Ensures that the technical data packs issued for authorisations and minor design changes are compliant with the Alternative Process for Design Organisation Approval and its associated procedures.
* Approves repair design, production deviations, and service bulletins related to the authorised articles
* Manage risks / opportunities / and the resolution of issues associated with certification
* Liaison with regulatory/ certification bodies, (including EASA, CAA and MAA), to maintain and develop the airworthiness approvals held by the company
* Supports product lines in a given regulatory segment
* Chair appropriate certification committees, boards and meetings as required
* Providing airworthiness and certification guidance to engineering staff and promoting airworthiness awareness and a safety culture within the organisation
Essential and Desirable Skills/Experience
* Degree or HND/HNC Level qualified in a related engineering subject with proven experience in the certification and safety of civilian and/or military aircraft
* Broad knowledge of Systems Engineering development processes and practises; including requirements management and configuration management throughout the product lifecycle and how they relate to certification processes
* Background in electronics / avionics development with knowledge of how avionic systems interrelate and interconnect.
* Experience of leading on communications with third party regulatory or certification organisations, including EASA, CAA and MAA, to maintain and develop the airworthiness approvals held by the company.
* Demonstrable experience of ensuring certification outputs conform to company and regulatory policy.
* Experience in the application of regulatory requirements; EASA Pt-21, ETSO Process, CS 23/25/27/29, RTCA DO-178B/C, RTCA DO-254
* PC Literate: Windows, DOORS, MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project & Visio.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
8 days ago
only 21 days until close
26 days ago
only 1 day until close
8 days ago
only 20 days until close
2 months ago
only 20 days until close