9 months ago
Airport Planner - London
Due to our increased growth in demand and opportunities around the world, we are looking for enthusiastic and ambitious Airport Planners across grades and experience levels to play key roles in the team and support the Group Director across project delivery, business development and operational responsibilities.
With the addition of Airport Planning to our aviation-sector service offering our capability to influence positive and pragmatic design outcomes with existing and new clients and collaborators has been broadened significantly. We are highly familiar with the technical challenges airports around the world face and the inevitably complex stakeholder environment in which they exist. We engage with management teams, technical and operational staff on a day-to-day basis and subsequently have a deep understanding of the underlying concerns for both internal and external stakeholders.
More about the role...
Naturally, your responsibilities will vary according to your experience level, but typically Airport Planners can expect to be carrying out some of the following responsibilities...
* Leading on or supporting the technical delivery of Airport master-planning work for a wide range of projects;
* Line management of relevant members of the team (where relevant);
* Production and submission of proposals, proactively engaging with business development activities to grow the airport planning portfolio in existing and new markets (e.g. Europe);
* Management and coordination of specialist teams, including sub-consultants, across the company
* Management of key stakeholders and external clients
* Collaboration with other disciplines and specialists across the business
* Managing resources, project finances and programmes for the delivery of services.
More about you…
We are open to candidates from a broad range of experience levels, however ideally we are looking for individuals who can demonstrate the following...
* Ideally you will have a proven track record in a comparable Airport planning role – ideally with experience in terminal and/or airside planning;
* More experienced candidates will be outward facing and able to demonstrate strong business development and consultancy skills;
* Experience of writing technical reports to a high standard and presenting project material to colleagues and clients
* A willingness to travel overseas (sometimes at short notice) as required
* Degree qualified in a relevant discipline (e.g. architecture, engineering, et al.)
What's in it for you...
In return, we can offer fantastic opportunities to...
* Play an influential and significant role in one of BuroHappold's newest and fastest growing disciplines;
* Collaborate with a talented spectrum of disciplines, including such advanced specialist teams as the 'Computational Collective', SMART Space, strategic masterplanning, economics, et al.
* Work with world class architects and collaborators, taking ownership for external relationships across an extensive and growing portfolio of projects in the US, Middle East, India, UK and Europe.
For more information or a confidential discussion, please get in contact with Thomas White in the BuroHappold recruitment team - email@example.com
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.