about 1 month ago
Air Platform Integration Engineer
To work within the growing Airborne Systems Integration organisation to deliver the integration of complex MBDA weapons onto fixed wing and rotary platforms for both UK and Export customers.
What are we looking for?
* An appropriate Engineering Degree or Masters (or equivalent) OR HNC/HND level (or equivalent).
* Broad understanding of multiple general engineering fields e.g. electrical, mechanical, systems, etc.
* Ability to work in a complex multi-stakeholder environment
* Knowledge of Mil-Std-1760 and MIL-STD-1553 highly desirable
* Experience in the defence sector in integration of systems onto fixed wing or rotary platforms
* Ability to debug complex interfaces and undertake complex technical negotiations with a high degree of autonomy
What’s in it for you?
* You will be working in a focused team that delivers a weapons integration programme working closely with specialists both within MBDA, platform design authorities and government organisations
* This is an opportunity for someone with good knowledge of aircraft systems or weapon systems integration to utilise this within MBDA whilst growing their knowledge and experience across a broad range of subject areas
* The roles will have both office based and field based elements and involve travel within the UK and potentially overseas
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
* Working with MBDA, platform and government authorities to establish an integration plan that facilitates the integration of complex MBDA air launched weapon systems onto a wide range of fixed wing and rotary platforms.
* Produce and agree integration requirements with MBDA SMEs and platform authorities to define the integration activity and to ensure that customer needs can be met.
* Produce and agree interface control documentation with the platform design authority to control and maintain the definition of the platform to store interface and ensure compatibility between them.
* Establish integration trials campaign requirements with platform and government authorities; identifying facility and equipment needs and the data required to certify the integrated weapon system.
* Design, plan and support integration trials activities with the platform design authority and MBDA SMEs.
* Support the certification of the product and the associated certificates of design
Join a great team!
* The Airborne Systems Integration team is growing fast providing an exciting and dynamic environment that is focused on delivering the needs of our customers
* There will be opportunities to work on a whole range of MBDA air-launched products together with UK and Export platform design authorities.
We are an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We encourage applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!