8 months ago
Reporting to: Production Support Team Leader
* AIG Life has a paperless application process and as such is totally reliant on our ability to deliver a high quality eCommerce platform to market. Supporting the applications and infrastructure that deliver our proposition to market is therefore a key role for the company.
* The IT Production Support team currently consists of 6 people providing a range of support to the business across several areas including 1st and 2nd line application support, monitoring production systems, day to day management of Batch processes, Information Security and Business Continuity. The team is also responsible for ensuring IT process and procedures are correctly followed and implemented.
* We are seeking a Production Support Engineer to join the team who will
* Quickly integrate with the existing team.
* Be able work in a wide variety of areas including creating, implementing and maintaining batch job scheduling and production monitoring systems.
* Provide 2nd line phone, email and face to face support to internal users of our online life insurance business. Support will also be given to technical personnel of external companies using our Portal Quote and New Business services.
* Communicate clearly and effectively about technical and non-technical subjects. It may also be necessary to communicate with external suppliers and/or partners.
* Managing the running of daily batch processing and scheduled production activities.
* Researching technical issues and new updates to existing batch related technologies.
* Suggesting and implementing improvements to batch processes and procedures.
* Planning and implementing business change requests associated with batch processing and scheduled production activities
* Managing the running of production monitoring systems.
* Researching technical issues and new updates to existing production monitoring systems.
* Assessing, planning and implementing new production monitoring as required. Including suggesting and implementing improvements to production monitoring systems.
* Responsible for supporting core applications to business including adhoc configuration within our client Server application.
* Represent the team taking part in business workshops to discuss new business requirements.
* Providing 2nd Line support to internal users.
* Performing adhoc support tasks involving SQL including investigating and creating data fixes and peer reviewing data fixes created by other team members.
* Coordinate and report on BCP activities
* Proactive monitoring of production IT systems and preventative measures taken to reduce system downtime.
* Define and provide statistical information to teams to review service trends and performance
* Ensuring adherence with IT security standards including ISO27001 and PCI requirements
* Create and enhance administrative, operational and technical policies and procedures, adopting best practice guidelines, standards and procedures
* Assist in coordinating the investigation and resolution of Major incidents
* including organising and participating in cross team investigations ensuring the business needs are met
* communicating with Partners to advise them of impact and progress
* Preparing progress updates for IT Management.
* Assisting with root cause analysis
* Pro-active individual who shows initiative, takes responsibility for their own decisions and actively seeks opportunities for self-improvement.
* Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills essential in order to effectively communicate to the business and understand their requirements and or issues. Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
* Analytical, problem-solver who is able to quickly & accurately identify the cause of issues and suggest quality solutions
* Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound logical decisions in time critical situations. Takes full ownership for delivery of assigned tasks in agreed timescales
* Well-organised planner who will follow rules & procedures when appropriate. Excellent attention to detail with a highly methodical approach to working.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Highly self-motivated individual who is approachable, adaptable and able to work on their own or as part of a team.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Strong belief in continuous process improvement
* Able and willing to work unsocial hours from time to time in order to provide the required service to our customers.
* Good understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives.
* Ability to perform general mathematical calculations.
Technical Skills and Expertise
* Experience of working in the Insurance industry preferable but not essential
* Experience working in a technical support environment
* Good understanding of Business Continuity Principles
* Good understanding of IT Security with some prior experience in this area
* Good Knowledge of Windows OS and databases (SQL)
* Experience with scheduling packages. Creating, implementing and maintaining jobs.
* Experience with production monitoring systems. Creating, implementing and maintaining monitoring jobs.
* Experience writing scripts to retrieve data and assist with problem solving (Oracle or SQL Server)
* Experience using Visual Cron
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.