about 1 year ago
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
The Dell EMC Global Account segment continues to be a critical component of our go-to-market strategy to drive global growth, market expansion, and TCE in EMC's most exclusive customers. Global Accounts are in the midst of a sweeping transformation initiative that will change our approach and charter with regard to how we support our biggest, best, most strategically relevant global partners. As we continue to raise the bar and add to our talent pool of technology thought leaders, the Global Architect is a critical role in executing on that transformational agenda in Global Accounts.
At a high level the Global Architect provides presales consultancy for named Global Account(s), working closely with the Global Account Manager (GAM), Global Services Lead (GSL) and/or regional Client Director (CD) to:
* Uncover, understand and articulate Dell EMC strategic vision and direction.
* Develop a global, multi-year vision, which aligns Dell EMC’s and Dell Technology roadmap to the customer business priorities.
* Engage with the industry leads in “PARTNER” to establish solution conversation areas
* Establish themselves as the technical thought leader into the customer’s Office of the CTO, enterprise architects and application development teams, engineering and operations business units.
* Work cross-functionally to support building a Dell Technologies pipeline of transformational opportunities.
* Stimulate and develop technology innovation for technology forum’s and steering groups.
* Understand the industry vertical for the customer and their go-to-market.
* Be a social ambassador for technology via Dell EMC’s Office of the CTO.
* Research industry agenda’s align with technology pressures to showcase Dell Technologies’ portfolio of solutions which align deliver business outcomes.
* Presents and markets the technical design and business value of proposed solutions and business case to customers, prospects and Dell EMC management.
* Successfully builds and maintains relationships with key customer decision makers and influencers: from CxO level to enterprise architects to engineering.
* Focus on the business and technical roadmap alignment with the customer
* Successfully builds and maintains relationships with the broader account team, global services and partners in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
* Develop a technology governance board, lead a virtual team of technical resources covering the account around the globe to drive standardization, ensure global consistency and leverage best practices and successes.
* Frequent travel to meet with key customer decision makers in the different regions around the globe where the account is active is part of the remit.
* Collaborate with GAM/GSL/CSD to create, maintain and communicate a federated account technology plan to the virtual team on a quarterly interval. The plan includes future state architectures, tactical initiatives and milestones and business relevant technology solutions.
* With the GAM/GSL/CD, provides regular updates on the state of the business, progress on the planned initiatives, the size of the opportunity and required investments/resources via QBR, account reviews and annual planning sessions.
* Develop and communicates competitive frameworks and solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections that arise in a sales campaign.
* Assist local account teams respond to customer requirements and account activity, provide standardized material and position the Dell EMC value.
* Participates in and contributes to key vertical industry forums
* Preferably has prior knowledge or exposure to Financial Services or other large customers
* Lead large and complex bids ($15M+) for Dell EMC or other organisations.
* A minimum of five years of domain expertise related to business applications, business process management, application integration, database management, application development, data analytics or converged/virtualized IT infrastructure as an architect, systems engineer or consultant and at least fifteen years of experience in the IT field.
* Working knowledge of one of following – Cloud architectures, Agile application development frameworks, data analytics concepts
* Possesses hands-on ability in appropriate technology fields, for example business architecture, application programming, infrastructure service delivery etc
* Working knowledge of IT infrastructure architectures, distributed systems and platform operating systems.
* Knowledge or certification in ITIL, DevOps or similar qualification.
* Knowledge and experience with Dell EMC IT ATLAS and MEDDIC tools preferable
* Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent is desired.
* Deliver technology messaging with impact and gravitas
* Focus on delivering the business outcome
* Leading and collaborating with virtual, matrix and cross-functional teams.
* Self-motivated, pro-active, results-driven personality.
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
* Solid organizational and program management skills.
* Consultative skills.
* Effective mentor and coach.
* Team leadership qualities
6 months ago
only 8 days until close
about 1 month ago
only 2 days until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close