10 months ago
People make Dell – so wherever in the world they work, everyone is rewarded for their contribution. Ready to develop your career in a truly global company? Within the Global Accounts team at Dell, we are looking for a Global Architect to join our team in the UK.
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
The Dell EMC Global Account segment continues to be a critical component of our go-to-market strategy to drive global growth, market expansion, and TCE in Dell EMC's most exclusive customers. Global Accounts are in the midst of a sweeping transformation initiative that will change our approach and charter with regard to how we support our biggest, best, most strategically relevant global customers. As we continue to raise the bar and add to our talent pool of technology thought leaders, the Global Architect is a critical role in executing on that transformational agenda in Global Accounts.
At a high level the Global Architect provides presales consultancy for named Global Account(s), working closely with the Global Account Manager (GAM), Global Services Lead (GSL) and/or regional Client Director (CD) to:
* Uncover, understand and articulate Dell EMC strategic vision and direction.
* Develop a global, multi-year vision, which aligns Dell EMC’s and Dell Technology roadmap to the customer business priorities.
* Engage with the industry leads in “Customer” to establish solution conversation areas and establish themselves as the technical thought leader into the customer’s Office of the CTO, enterprise architects and application development teams, engineering and operations business units.
* Work cross-functionally to support building a Dell Technologies pipeline of transformational opportunities.
* Stimulate and develop technology innovation for technology forum’s and steering groups.
* Understand the industry vertical for the customer and their go-to-market.
* Be a social ambassador for technology via Dell EMC’s Office of the CTO.
* Research industry agenda’s align with technology pressures to showcase Dell Technologies’ portfolio of solutions which align deliver business outcomes.
* Presents and markets the technical design and business value of proposed solutions and business case to customers, prospects and Dell EMC management.
* Successfully builds and maintains relationships with key customer decision makers and influencers: from CxO level to enterprise architects to engineering.
* Focus on the business and technical roadmap alignment with the customer and successfully builds and maintains relationships with the broader account team, global services and partners in support of sales team objectives and engages and leverages corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate.
* Develop a technology governance board, lead a virtual team of technical resources covering the account around the globe to drive standardization, ensure global consistency and leverage best practices and successes.
* Collaborate with GAM/GSL/CSD to create, maintain and communicate a federated account technology plan to the virtual team on a quarterly interval. The plan includes future state architectures, tactical initiatives and milestones and business relevant technology solutions.
* Develop and communicates competitive frameworks and solutions to effectively address and dispel customer objections that arise in a sales campaign and assists local account teams respond to customer requirements and account activity, provide standardized material and position the Dell EMC value.
* Lead large and complex bids ($15M+) for Dell EMC or other organisations.
* Substantial domain expertise related to business applications, business process management, application integration, database management, application development, data analytics or converged/virtualized IT infrastructure as an architect, systems engineer or consultant and at least fifteen years of experience in the IT field.
* Working knowledge of one of following – Cloud architectures, Agile application development frameworks, data analytics concepts
* Possesses hands-on ability in appropriate technology fields, for example business architecture, application programming, infrastructure service delivery etc
* Working knowledge of IT infrastructure architectures, distributed systems and platform operating systems.
* Knowledge or certification in ITIL, DevOps or similar qualification.
* Preferably has prior knowledge or exposure to large customers
* Knowledge and experience with Dell EMC IT ATLAS and MEDDIC tools preferable
* Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent is desired.
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, competitive benefits package.
Dell EMC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell EMC encourages applicants of all ages.
If you require any assistance in applying for an open position or have any specific requirements to attend an interview, please get in touch.
As members of the Disability Confident Scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancies and ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
Job Family: Engineering
Job ID: R33806