8 months ago
Advanced Manufacturing Engineers provide dedicated technical support to a nominated production line within the Leicester manufacturing facility. Successful candidates should expect to work in a fast-paced, customer focused production environment, providing quick and effective solutions to daily production issues, they will provide reactive support for production process issues and contribute to longer-term process improvements to drive productivity.
* Own and be accountable for manufacturing engineering activities to support the business objectives in on time delivery, cost of quality & safety.
* Drive projects set by the pillar to completion providing productivity, yield and safety improvements. Project scope will range from administrative tasks & process control to route cause analysis of production related issues.
* Provide mechanical support for containment actions and ensure adequate measures are put in place to remove risk of reoccurrence.
* Continually and effectively communicate to manager, production leads & project managers on progress of workload to help maintain team cohesion in this agile environment.
* Ensure lessons learnt are communicated and documented cross functionally, read across is considered and implemented as necessary.
* Responsible for running weekly reports on pillar yield and tracking of improvement activities to ensure benefits are captured & communicated.
* When required support the wider team with RTS, NPI & CPO related activities.
* Provide special process support for the site. Process dependant on successful candidate’s knowledge and experience.
* Engineering degree or relevant experienced Manufacturing Engineer
* Must have an excellent level of understanding of mechanical assembly and interactions, preferably Aerospace Manufacturing.
* Tooling design experience & the ability to understand technical drawings.
* Knowledge of Six Sigma Lean Manufacturing techniques, Shainin, Quality System, and statistical process control tools.
* Excellent level of understanding of process and design. Must have knowledge of sensor manufacture and the use of measurement equipment used. Demonstrate a commitment to process improvement. Strong background and understanding of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
* Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and manage priorities effectively. Engage cross functional teams, shop floor and Technology. The candidate must demonstrate excellent team working skills, strong inter-personal and excellent communication skills with report writing & presentations.
* Must manage own performance against agreed goal and project objectives, accountable for quality, on time delivery. Experience delivering projects on both small and large scales.
* Self-motivated, enthusiastic and a keen interest to learn, diplomatic and able to apply a high level of initiative. Display confidence in a fast-paced work environment, energy, passion & enthusiasm to drive change.
* Demonstrate excellent organisational skills
* Experience of using SAP software
* Mechanical Engineering experience
* Experience in Solidworks, Pro Engineer & Auto CAD
* Certified Six Sigma Green Belt, Shainin Apprentice
* Experience with pressure measurement technologies Knowledge Preferably Aerospace Manufacturing process and design
* Customer facing experience.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Locations: United Kingdom; Leicester