8 months ago
Advanced Manufacturing Engineers provide dedicated technical support to a nominated production line within the Groby manufacturing facility. Successful candidates should expect to work in a fast-paced, customer focused production environment, providing quick and effective solutions to daily production issues, support New Product Introductions, Custom Product Opportunities and Capability Development (NPIs, CPO’s & CD) and contribute to longer-term process improvements to drive productivity.
Own the manufacturing engineering activities for Test and Calibration NPI and CPO as part of a cross-functional team, including:
Influence design to ensure new designs are optimised for manufacture, performance yield and cost
Lead PFMEA and Process Mapping activities to identify manufacturing risks and optimise build/test processes
Design, procurement and validation of manufacturing, assembly and test tooling/fixtures
Development of assembly processes and procedures
Preparation and release of Work Instructions detailing critical assembly operations
Creation of product routings within ERP system
Support all aspects of pre-production and post-launch production through to project closure.
* HNC/HND or equivalent experience in mechanical or manufacturing engineering discipline
* Understanding of pressure testing, pressure system safety and electrical safety
* Understanding of Light Electromechanical Assembly in a high mix production environment.
* Knowledge of Design for Manufacturability, Lean Manufacturing techniques, Quality System, and SPC tools.
* Hands-on capability with good knowledge of manufacturing and calibration processes. Provide electro-mechanical support to production floor
* Ability to use CAD (Pro/Engineer/ Solidworks) to design fixtures and analyse product designs.
* Lead and be contributing member of cross functional teams
* Strong background in interpretation of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
* Strong Analytical & problem solving skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in technical writing and procedure development.
* Experience of using SAP ERP
* Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
* Experience with pressure measurement technologies
* Support and/or Design experience with calibration and characterization systems.
GE Oil and Gas’ dynamic Digital Solutions business provides solutions to maximize the economic performance of its customers’ operating assets through innovative and advanced measurement, sensor-based and inspection technologies, data collection, information management, decision support and control expertise. Its portfolio includes six major product lines, which lead in delivering accuracy, productivity, safety and bottom-line benefits to customers in many industries, including oil and gas, power generation, aerospace, transportation and healthcare. The Digital Solutions business is a truly global business, with offices in 60+ countries and approximately 7000 employees worldwide.
Locations: United Kingdom; Leicester