10 months ago
What we can offer
Do you want to get paid for gaining an advanced apprenticeship qualification with on-the-job mentoring and learning? Would you enjoy solving problems and working with some of the best minds in engineering and design? If the answer is ‘yes’, come and join Atkins as an apprentice and get your career off to the best start possible.
We are currently recruiting for the following disciplines in each of the offices:
Derby – civil and mechanical
With Atkins, you’ll be joining a team who help to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas and by solving the engineering challenges of the future. Our apprentice programme will provide you with the foundations to maximise your full potential.
Could you be part of our future?
Apprentices will work with a variety of teams, join us and you can expect to be involved in a variety of projects to:
* Support engineers creating ground breaking designs for all kinds of projects
* Create CAD drawings and maintain the drawing register
* Help with the smooth running of projects
* Supporting client meetings and assisting in building relationships
* Solve problems and prepare simple calculations.
During your 2-3-year apprenticeship, no two days will be the same as you study and work with a variety of teams whilst developing the skills you need to enjoy a great future at Atkins. Spending one day at your local college, you’ll study towards a level 3 qualification, advanced apprenticeship. Not only will you learn in the classroom, you’ll enjoy being part of the team as you will get involved with all kinds of projects and learn something new every day.
Who we’re looking for
Enthusiastic, inclusive and committed, you should be curious about the world around you and always want to learn more. To really succeed in the role, you will need to demonstrate that you have:
* At least 5 GCSEs or equivalent including a minimum of a grade B OR 6 in Mathematics and a C OR 4 in English Language
* The ability to work in a team, assisting with the planning, design and smooth running of a variety of projects
* Creativity and strong communication skills
* A practical mind, that you’re self-motivated and reliable as you’ll be expected to work across different locations on a variety of projects
What to do next?
* Look at our apprentice profiles to find out more and discover what being an apprentice in Atkins is really like
* Want to know more about the benefits of working at Atkins? Visit our rewards and benefits page
* Initial closing date: Monday 29th January 2018
* Please note: The Birmingham opening has now closed
NB: Some of our programmes are incredibly popular so to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) please make your application as soon as possible. Assessment centre dates: Dependent on location, assessment centres will be held from December 2017 onwards.