about 1 month ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
As a member of Business Administration Services and local Business Administration team, undertake a range of administrative duties across the business following processes and procedures with limited guidance and supervision.
This role will be based at MOD Pendine and is a fixed-term contract of up to 12 months supporting the Business Admin Office and the wider team with administration. There may be requirement to travel to MOD Aberporth on occasion.
1. Supports the delivery of a high quality administrative support service to the business with limited supervision and guidance and works within clearly defined procedures.
2. Resolves standard queries escalating more complex issues to a senior member of the team.
3. Supports delivery of a high standard of customer service communicating with tact and diplomacy at all times, taking accurate messages and passing them on to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
4. Supports the effectiveness of the business support team by identifying and communicating improvement opportunities within own role and tasks and assists with CI projects and activities.
5. Supports resilience across the Business Administration team by learning new skills and tools and providing administrative support where and when required as determined by the Team Leader.
1. Ability to communicate confidently with a range of people
2. Ability to work within procedures with limited supervision and guidance
3. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word and Outlook.
4. Good organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
Experience & Qualifications
• Demonstrable business administration experience equivalent to NVQ Level 3
The list of tasks which the role holder may be required to undertake is not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to undertake other tasks and also provide resilience for other team members.
1. Operate a central mailbox, phone line or helpdesk.
2. Administer the filing system (electronic and paper based), (EPDR & E3PDR) opening of trial files, archiving files in accordance with document security procedures
3. Act as point of contact for internal and external customers
4. Purchasing – meet the needs of the business for all purchasing activity.
5. Provide support for preparation for external and internal audits
6. Performing security-related tasks such as ePDR and e3PDR secure document registration and dispatch. Use of secure visitor booking system, protective material administration including musters transfers and destruction.
7. Coordination of key site visits and conferences. Organising and supporting customer meetings, ensuring an excellent customer experience during site visit through booking onto site, escorting as required. This will involve driving around the site.
8. Organise UK and/or international travel for groups of people
9. Organise meetings/conferences including booking meeting rooms/external venues, sending out invitations/organising catering
10. Provide analysis to teams as requested. This could include utilisation, absence reports, overtime/ TOIL, mandated training metrics, or other ad hoc reports required to manage the business
11. Support managers in the compilation and maintenance of all the budgets within their remit for each accounting period, including corrective actions, variances, etc.
12. Cover reception as and when required