6 months ago
Airbus Defence and Space Corsham (Skynet)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Administrator has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Corsham. The successful applicant will join our Virtual Security group.
This is a non-technical role and requires no previous experience of Engineering or Software. This is an Administrative and coordination role, and as such we are seeking applications from experienced Administrators.
This is a process management role focused on the Airbus Patch Management Process (PMP). The Patch Administration Support (PAS) role holder is responsible for the co-ordination of the patching processes across the various segments of the Airbus CIS networks. You will also be responsible for ensuring that an audit trail is maintained for all system patches.
The PMP covers all equipment within the Airbus Communication, Intelligence & Security (CIS) boundary and you will work with the various Network Segment Primes (NSP) and leaders in order to ensure that our networks deliver a secure and high availability service to the customer.
The successful applicant will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Recording of all Operating Systems, applications, utilities and firmware.
* Identifying and tracking vulnerability, patch notifications and alerts for all relevant assets across the Airbus Defence and Space CIS networks and mapping against the relevant network segments.
* Recording and progressing of all patching decisions made across the networks.
* Working with the NSP and leaders across the network in reviewing vulnerabilities and patches and timely decision making.
* Producing regular summary reports for discussion at the Patch Management Board (PMB), contributing to security metrics and detailing the status of all decisions made with respect to both patches and Anti-Virus (AV) files.
* Working with the Information Security Manager (ISM) and other stake holders in the identification of security related patches.
* Leading the PMB review, supporting the ISM and taking and tracking of Actions.
* Ensuring the co-ordination of all stake holders.
* Co-ordinating the segment PMP.
* Presenting the PMB report to the Security Working Group (SyWG), as required.
* Working with the change and configuration control primes to ensure records are accurately maintained.
* Supporting the wider Security Team in the execution of Security Audits and other processes.
This role may required occasional travel to other Airbus sites across the South of England (primarily Portsmouth and Stevenage) and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
* Good written and verbal communication in order to produce professional reports and be able to present these to a range of audiences.
* Initiative to take things forward both proactively and independently.
* Ability to successfully conclude initiatives and projects.
It would be an advantage if the candidate also had the:
* Ability to assess and analyse complex data and deduce patterns in that data.
* Experience of software Patch Management and/or Anti-Virus Management systems and processes, both in their use and structure.
* Detailed understanding of appropriate Airbus CIS and Customer Policy Documentation associated with the provision and management of satellite services.
* Experience in reading and interpreting software threats and patch notifications and alerts.
* Experience in audit processes e.g. ITIL.