9 months ago
POSTING DATE: 23/02/2018
ADAS SENSING PRE-DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
LOCATION: Gaydon, Warwickshire
An ever-evolving heritage. A truly exciting future. Two of the world’s most iconic brands. Jaguar Land Rover is revered across the globe. Continually pushing the boundaries of innovation and redefining the benchmark for excellence, we set the standards others want to follow. We want to keep it that way too. Which is where you join the journey.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
As an Automated Driving design and validation engineer you are responsible for undertaking the functional design activities in the early stages of the feature definition. These activities provide a consistent systems engineering approach to support in the user/customer requirements specification in form of documents and models which customer requirements specification. By using model-based systems engineering techniques, the team contributes to the overall understanding of the expected feature functionality.
The ADAS / AV PreDevelopment V&V and fleet manager will have the following roles and responsibilities:
Manage a team of engineers in charge of the Automated Vehicles prototype preparation, management and updates. This will include:
* L4 prototype creation to support development activities. Architecture, sensing set, requirements to suppliers and vehicle commissioning Fleet management and logging activities – manage a team driving prototypes to capture logs and assess performance
* Fleet management – assurance of vehicle readiness
* Support demo vehicle funded project activities (e.g. L3Pilot)
* Coordinate and prioritise engineering tasks among the team
* Give the ADAS ADAS / AV PreDevelopment V&V and fleet team a clear sense of direction. Identify the skills the team needs for each project.
* Manages the relationship with main ADAS / AV sensor partners and stakeholders
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
● Experience and knowledge on ADAS / Automated Driving systems, features and technologies
● Experience in working with ADAS / Automated driving vehicles / prototypes
● Experience in data logging and fleet management
● Drive on future technologies for ADAS / Automated Driving
● 5+ years of professional engineering development experience in the ADAS / Automated driving domain
● Management and Leadership experience
● Experienced in automotive electronics embedded development and delivery of rapid prototyping solutions
* Good document writing and presentation skills
* Ability to work effectively within technical teams
* Excellent communications skills and a strong team player.
* Problem solving (5Ds, 5Whys etc.)
* Experience in delivering innovative complex distributed systems
* Project Management, Team Management
* Must be well organised
* Good accountability and ownership of actions
* Approachable by staff at all levels, inside and outside the immediate team/department
* Data driven, thorough approach and analysis methodology
* Passionate about ADAS technology and willingness to learn
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan, and a performance-related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.
Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Project Manager, Systems Engineer, Engineering, Automotive, Technology