12 months ago
Autonomous Vehicle Engineering Manager
LOCATION: Gaydon, Warwickshire
ADVERTISED SALARY: £35,000 - £46,000
POSTING END DATE: 27/04/2018
WHAT TO EXPECT
Here, you’ll design, develop, and shape the future of our electronic systems by helping us find visionary developments in everything from hybrid vehicles and infotainment to advanced electronic systems integration and electrics.
The ADAS Architecture Module Group is responsible for completing all deliverables required to implement driver assistance features based on video, radar, and ultrasonic technologies, such as lane departure warning, lane-keeping assist, automatic high-beam control, intelligent emergency braking, traffic sign recognition, intelligent speed limiter, rear view, junction view, cross-traffic alert, 360-degree plan view, lane change merge aid, park assist, adaptive cruise control, traffic jam assist, and highway assist.
As the ADAS Lead Engineer, your main role will be to manage and coordinate the design, development, testing, and introduction of new systems and components (commodities). Operating in a cross-functional organisation, you’ll report directly into Group Leaders and, where delivering on specific vehicle programmes, have an additional matrix report into Module Leaders.
You’ll be responsible for supervising both mechanical and electrical integration of components into the vehicle and the component FMEAs and Quality reviews. With your eyes on continuously improving the accuracy and coverage of the project management methods, you’ll be involved with the supplier development and testing according to the Jaguar Land Rover standards and system integration, system testing, and assessment of the performance and functionality against specifications.
In your role, you’ll:
* Delivering the commodity plan to quality, cost, and time
* Support your commodity through WERS releases
* Ensure all programme design solutions meet the programme targets for cost and weight
* Ensure legal regulations and RMDV requirements are met
* Ensure Optical Quality and PCPA requirements are met
* Manage the responsible supplier teams in support of the delivery of the programme milestones
* Keep all module documentation up-to-date including meeting minutes, foundation and programme DFMEAs, and quality history and the bill of design
* Manage change request and expenditure forecasting
* Create and maintain vehicle test plans, including detailed planning of test and development
* Manage vehicle development testing to sign off, supporting Engineering Test teams with issue resolution
* Resolve issues with Component Engineering and Vehicle Attribute teams to develop designs that meet targets
* Ensure all appropriate Jaguar Land Rover standards are met throughout design maturation
* Provide input into new feature development
* Manage and resolve issues, escalating where required
* Own and deliver the engineering APQP deliverables (to complement the STA Engineer APQP deliverables)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
In this highly technical role, you’ll need proven skills in engineering activities in the automotive sector (OEM or Tier 1) including mechanical and electrical integration of complex automotive components. You’ll also need to possess knowledge of Jaguar Land Rover processes and methods such as PCDS, WERS, GRADE, AIMS, and APQ, and you’ll ideally be experienced in the development of ADAS systems.
Through your proven experience of managing technical projects, you’ll be able to deal with complex technical challenges, issues, and systems. You’ll also be expected to demonstrate familiarity with project management methods and Microsoft tools. Ideally, you’ll have a good understanding of quality methods (Six Sigma), failure mode avoidance, and robustness alongside knowledge of risk management and risk mitigation.
As this role will encompass developing and maintaining relationships with key business partners, you’ll need a high level of negotiation and organisation skills. Finally, you’ll demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as self-confidence in all your interactions, and you’ll have a passion for the product.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.
Engineering Manager, Engineer, Electrical, Product Development, Risk Management, Engineering, Research, Finance