7 months ago
Acoustics Engineer (m/f)-TFEN-UKDY01527178
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions.
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Our Global Vehicle Engineering team is growing, and, we are now ready to speak to highly skilled and experienced people to join our site in Derby, where we are looking for an Acoustics Engineer.
This position will be an Acoustic Engineer within Specialist Engineering functional organization, supporting the WMA projects on questions related to Acoustics and Vibration
Key Responsibilities and Challenges:
• To carry out and coordinate the acoustic work in projects, with a functional and cross-site responsibility.
• Support the vehicle and sub-system design regarding noise and vibration. To specify and follow up the requirements on subsystems and components in close cooperation with other engineering functions as well as sub-suppliers.
• Perform risk identification and risk mitigation procedures in bids in cooperation with product management, bid and concept engineering.
• Support product validation and product introduction.
• Organize and carry out measurement campaigns for airborne and structure-borne sound.
• Investigate in-service problems, develop and recommend solutions.
• Take part in and provide input to a cross-site as well as Global network for Acoustic & Vibration (new tools and technologies development, knowledge management, process update, standard and regulation watch etc.)
Bachelors or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Relevant work experience in the field of noise and vibration engineering, preferably in relation to vehicle design or equivalent.
Specialist knowledge and experience in acoustics and vibration including acoustic simulations and experimental techniques is desirable, as well knowledge about relevant norms and standards.
Experience in simulation with acoustic software (such as SEA, FEM/BEM, CAA) is a plus.
Experience of converting the customer's explicit and implicit technical and functional requirements into technical/ functional specifications to be used by design teams.
We are looking for a talented, ambitious and enthusiastic person to join a highly skilled team. Your team player attitude, ability to make decisions and solve problems, as well planning, organizing and prioritizing work will be highly appreciated.
Why Work for Us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative.
You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
We are helping create a better world.
ECO4 - the formula for energy-saving performance.
By making a difference today, we are helping create a better world for future generations. Having pioneered the philosophy of "The Climate is Right for Trains", we demonstrate this rationale by offering vehicles with practically zero emissions.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity
Your ideas move people.
Posting date: 14.02.2018
Closing date: 14.03.2018
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37
Job: Performance and Dynamics
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular