11 months ago
Requisition ID :2019-41459
Work Location :GB-London
Department / Discipline : Environmental
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Salary: £Competitive + benefits
Acoustic Consultant – London
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions UK Limited are currently recruiting an Acoustic Consultant to work in our London office. The successful candidate will work alongside our technical specialists in the Environment & Infrastructure team in Canary Wharf, and across the UK. We are seeking an enthusiastic acoustician who would enjoy helping to build our London team while growing their skills in a dynamic, flexible and supportive environment.
Our Noise & Vibration team has over the last 15 years become one of the UK's leading acoustic consultancies working on nationally significant Infrastructure projects in the aviation, construction, clean energy, minerals and rail sectors. Key clients include organisations such as Heathrow Airport Ltd, High Speed 2 Ltd, and EDF Energy Renewables.
You will be responsible for delivering the technical aspects of a variety of noise and vibration assessments, the management of internal and external client relationships and the preparation of proposals and bids appropriate to your grade.
The workload is diverse and much of your work will be to support the planning process for major Infrastructure schemes and the implementation of consented schemes. This may involve:
* Carrying out and managing large scale noise and vibration surveys
* Construction noise assessment and management
* Measurement and assessment of noise and vibration from minerals sites, aviation, road, rail, and energy projects
* Management of small to medium sized projects
* Application of noise and vibration expertise to support the planning process
* Noise mapping and modelling of transportation, clean energy, wind and industrial schemes
* Use of Geographical Information Systems to improve the quality and efficiency of noise and vibration assessments
* Understanding of relevant UK noise policy and regulations
* Using innovation to improve working practices.
Skills / Qualifications
* Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Acoustics or a related discipline
* Relevant post-qualification experience
* Member of the Institute of Acoustics (Technician, Associate Member or above grade)
* Full driving licence.
The work undertaken by the team is varied and therefore candidates with either a range of skills and experience, or particular specialisms will be considered. Preference may be given to candidates with skills which meet our immediate project needs at the time of appointment. Demonstratable experience of the areas set out under the job responsibilities above is desirable.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.