3 months ago
Title : Accounts Team Leader
Requisition ID :2019-37913
Work Location :GB-Yorkshire-Hull
Department / Discipline : Finance Operations
Position Type : Fixed Term
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting a Accounts Team Leader to work at the OMS Hull office on a fixed term contract basis to cover maternity leave.
The principal objective of the Accounts Team Leader is to oversee all accounts functions including accounts payable, receivable, payroll, financial reporting requirements, analysis, budgeting, compliance and reconciliations. The Accounts Team Leader will be responsible for developing and maintaining policies, procedures and ensuring accounting records are maintained in accordance with Wood accounting standards and IFRS, as required by external auditors. As the key link between Finance and Operations the role will be responsible for overseeing the Project Controls function leading and developing a small team in supporting projects with a varying levels of complexity.
* Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of all financial deliverables
* Monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reporting
* Ensure that efficient internal controls are implemented and maintained
* Liaise with line managers providing key analysis on Group KPIs
* Identify profit generating initiatives and opportunities that improve financial outcomes
* Provide economic data analysis to assist with commercial decision making
* Ensure compliance of the organisation’s practices with applicable legislation and tax authorities, and lead the audit process
* Manage the payroll function ensuring compliance with the latest legislations. Statutory filing deadlines, and internal reporting requirements
Skills / Qualifications
* Qualified/ Part Qualified by Professional Finance body g. CPA or CA
* A good level of experience, preferably within a resource services company
* APM Fundamentals Qualification
Knowledge, skills and experience:
* Thorough knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principals
* Enthusiastic, self-motivated and commercially minded individual
* Ability to analyse financial data and provide financial reports, statements and projections
* Exceptional financial leadership in budgeting, financial control and management
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with both financial and non-financial personnel
* Ability to motivate teams to produce quality and accurate materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
* Highly competent in producing quality material within tight timeframes
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.