4 months ago
Accounts Receivable Team Member
Finance, Accounting & Audit
Newcastle upon Tyne
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Receivable Team Member to join our Enabling Functions team to work in Newcastle Upon Tyne
What you'll be doing
As an Accounts Receivable Team Member, you will be:
* Undertaking daily collections tasks to ensure payment on time and reduction in aged debt
* Following through the collections time frame as per the Collections processes and procedures
* Driving the excellence programme within Accounts Receivable, including the effective and efficient cash collection while minimising exposure to bad debt
* Building effective relationships with customers and internal stakeholders through regular communications
* Providing exceptional customer service to external and internal customers ensuring queries are dealt with in line with internal time frames
Who we're looking for
* Have achieved an A-C grade in Maths, English and IT at GCSE or the equivalent
* Be able to effectively manage time and deliver against deadlines, setting own goals and being proactive in seeking and driving improvements
* Be organised and proactive with a process improvement mind-set
* Have excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of people in the organisation
* Have excellent excel skills and be able to analyse data and suggest improvements
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty’s Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted and Safe.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.