10 months ago
Closing date: 13thNovember 2019
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right
Our Corporate Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Darlington for an experienced Accounts Receivable Supervisor. It is a fast paced and demanding role, overseeing a team who manage a high volume of customer payments across Europe and ensuring that all SLA’s and KPI’s are achieved.
This is the perfect position for you if you are looking to coach a capable and enthusiastic team of Accountants. You are a person who is focused on individual development opportunities for your team and you enjoy motivating others to broaden their skill set and knowledge.
Your impact will be seen in these and other ways;
* Lead and motivate a team of 7 direct reports: supervising workloads, monthly reviews, annual reviews, mentoring and continuing their development
* Create analyses and reports for the accounts receivable team; making recommendations for improvements to methods and processes based on the analyses prepared.
* Prepare statistical reporting, including financial performance, variance explanations, and cost analysis
* Being the key point of contact for internal customers and the teams’ analysts with regards to any queries or issues regarding Accounts Receivable.
* Supervise and delegate the workflow for relevant entities within UK and Europe
* Ensure SLA’s/KPI’s are met and identify opportunities to improve team performance where possible
* Collaborate with the AR Team Leader to improve processes and internal controls across UK and Europe
To be successful in this position you will need:
* Substantial experience in Accounts Receivable and/ or Credit Control is required to be considered for this position
* Existing experience managing a team is essential, preferably within an AR environment.
* An in- depth knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft packages.
* To be data driven with a strong attention to detail
* The ability to coach and mentor others with a focus on encouraging high performance.
* A proactive approach with a focus on achieving key deliverables.
* To be an influencer of change, institutionalizing a culture of simplification and standardization.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
* Accountancy or Finance qualifications would be beneficial but not essential
* Management qualifications would be beneficial but not essential
Compensation and Benefits
* Salary: £29,881 to £36,520 depending on experience
* Defined contribution pension scheme - company contributions up to 9%
* Annual bonus plan - target 8% (based upon company performance)
* Health cash plan - support towards medical, optical and dental costs
* Life assurance
* 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
* Employee discount scheme - covering 100's of retailers
* Family friendly policies
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favorable treatment because of any protected characteristic.