4 months ago
May 10, 2019
Redhill, SURREY, GB, RH1 1SH
Black & Veatch Family of Companies
Responsible for the preparation and entry of routine general ledger journal entries/miscellaneous cost transactions; completion of various account reconciliations and preparation of assigned financial reports. Works under close supervision.
* Prepares and enters journal entries.
* May assist with researching and resolving variances.
* May assist businesses in coding of costs.
* Assists with audit deliverables.
* Prepares and coordinates necessary government compliance filings for review.
Financial Applications and Systems:
* Monitors and balances systems to ensure completeness and accuracy; may research differences.
* Prepares monthly/quarterly basic balance sheet analysis.
* Prepares journal entries for consolidation.
* Reconciles basic accounts and identifies and researches reconciling items. Identifies risk and opportunities and assesses reasonableness of balances.
* Recognizes impact of interfirm transactions and related elimination process; coordinates resolution of issues.
Supervisory and Resource Management Responsibilities:
* Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvement processes.
* Accounting Operations, Payroll, Treasury, Tax and Financial Applications; limited interaction with the businesses.
* As a necessary aspect of the management, personnel or pay administration functions, this position has access to confidential personnel records and pay information not otherwise available. This position is responsible for protecting and maintaining the privacy of such records and information.
* · Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint, Basic.
* · Microsoft Excel, Intermediate.
* · Knowledge of Black and Veatch Systems, Basic.
* · Technical accounting knowledge, Basic.
* · Knowledge of Financial Statement analysis, Basic.
* · Data Entry.
* · Knowledge of foreign currency terminology and concepts, Basic.
* · Preferred Non-Technical Skills: . . Organizing . Planning . Written Communications . . Informing . Peer Relationships . Problem Solving.
Flexible working will be considered for this role.
Qualification in the relevant field.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.