7 months ago
Title : Account Manager - AWE
Requisition ID :2018-30627
Work Location :GB-Berkshire-Reading
Department / Discipline : Business Development
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood’s nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment
Wood Nuclear is recruiting for an Account Manager to be based in Reading. The Account Manager will be responsible for managing the relationship with AWE
* Maintain and expand relationships with AWE
* Achieve sales and assigned Account objectives.
* Represent the entire range of Wood’s products and services, while leading the Account Planning cycle and ensuring AWE’s needs and expectations are met by Wood.
* Deliver a consistent and effective growth strategy, BD plan for AWE.
* Supporting the Account Management process for regular and appropriate customer Account reviews, monitored and challenged by relevant stakeholders.
* Acting as a point of contact for AWE.
* Gather customer feedback and drives associated actions.
* Management of AWE sales funnel prospects accuracy and completeness
* Lead bid strategies, capture and win plans, developing and implementing for opportunities within specific Accounts.
* Bidding and Tendering
Skills / Qualifications
* Business Development and Account Management experience/ qualification/training required
* Experience of working with clients (nuclear and or defence preferred), ideally with AWE is essential
* Strong relationship building/consultative selling skills with key decision makers and stakeholders.
* Experience in working across ops/functions to improve customer service.
* Persistent and skilled at negotiating.
* Able to manage time and projects effectively – PM experience an advantage.
* Ability to think through and solve problems methodically.
* High degree of personal integrity and professionalism.
What do you get?
As well as exciting roles on projects in the UK and abroad; in a supportive and professional work environment, these are some of the additional benefits you can expect at Wood:
* A competitive reward package
* Work life balance – We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
* Family friendly benefits – maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
* International opportunities - As an 60,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 counties you will have access to international career opportunities.
* For your peace of mind we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
* To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
For our communities:
* We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.