25 days ago
Base Location: Manchester
Salary: £Competitive with car/car allowance with estimated On Target Earnings of £45,000 to £60,000
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible Working options available
About the Department
At SSE Enterprise Telecoms we believe in making complex connectivity challenges simple. And we do this in the spirit of collaboration, partnership and integrity which means we can achieve more, together.
We bring together the unparalleled expertise of dedicated teams with innovation and technical excellence to give enterprises, government organisations and our partners a better network experience that can power the UK's digital future. All this is delivered through our UK-wide 20,000km network, offering a wide range of products and integrated solutions including leading edge SD-WAN, Ethernet, Optical and Dark Fibre services.
We're looking for ambitious experts to join our team; to help contribute to our growth by delivering solutions through excellent customer care. A team that actively looks after the wellbeing of colleagues, works hard and enjoys celebrating success.
What is the Role?
- The role is focussed on New Business Development with an element of Account Management growth focussing on clients within the Wholesale Telecoms market.
- Develop NEW BUSINESS with the Wholesale clients, establishing new relationships with both new business clients and historical but non active Wholesale clients.
- Develops action plans to cross-sell and up-sell to any named billing clients to increase overall total customer spend with the company.
- Provides comprehensive account plans and strategies to win new business from new and/or existing accounts.
- Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
- Sales engagement in development of target market / client specific commercial / product propositions.
- Contribution to sales campaign development.
- Provide a summary of new product, network enhancements, and commercial improvements required to optimise sales to your customers.
What do I need?
- Articulate, confident and tenacious with the ability to self-manage and act on one's own initiative against pre-determined sales targets & objectives.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience selling into Wholesale or Service Provider vertical.
- Regionally based in Northern UK due to customer engagement.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to influence shaping of commercial sales propositions.
- Previous experience in providing commercial input to straightforward product sales.
- Excellent verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Literate including the grammatical correctness and structure of written communications.
- High level of professionalism with strong presentation and technical qualification skills.
- Demonstrate tact and persuasion in both internal and customer discussions or meetings.
- Knowledge of strategic selling: Miller Heimann, SPIN, TAS, Holden or similar proven methodologies.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch with -******* or on--******. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
If you successfully secure a role with us, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.