3 months ago
This role may require the incumbent to work the occasional (infrequent basis) shift work to satisfy a particular operational need.
Other responsibilities include:
• Part of the GCB WAN/LAN Operate Support Team.
• Responsible for providing a high level of support and advice to all of the accounts that are currently supported by the shared networks teams.
• Involved with small to medium sized project work with supervision from implementation team. (Includes MSCs & Planned work requiring assistance from the NOC) • Mentor to engineers, as well as training and coaching all team members.
• Takes ownership of incidents and progresses them through to resolution.
• Takes escalations from engineers and ensures all high severity incidents are escalated to the PIT (Problem Incident Team).
• Investigate service improvements and make recommendations based on these investigations.
• Able to work in a team or on their own with no or very little supervision.
• Produce and present service reports using tools available, e.g. eHealth.
• Perform known, existing implementation solutions, return to baseline configuration of routers and switches if and when required.
• Takes ownership of more complex issues than at TSS2 level.
• Escalates to SDM where required.
• Stands in for team leader.
• Well established, self-sufficient team member.
• Takes escalations from SDM and TSS2.
• Raise, support and progress MSCs if required.
• 3rd party management where technical dialogue is required with 3rd party engineers.
• Detailed analysis of logs and other output from network devices.
• Packet capture analysis.
• Participate in a call out rota where required.
• Ability to work at short notice (within reason) when required
Mandatory Skills Required:
• Must hold one or more certification(s) in JNCP – ie JNCIE – SP, JNCIP – SP, JNCIS – SP, JNCIA-Junos.
• Minimum of two years commercial networking experience.
• Strong, in depth knowledge of networking technologies, i.e. LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, routing, switching and subnet addressing.
• Strong in depth knowledge of networking hardware, especially from the Juniper family, Experience of network implementation work.
• Working knowledge of ISDN, VPN, Broadband solutions.
• Experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
Desirable Skills Required:
• Cisco Certified Network Associate.
• Previous experience of network design.
• ITIL Foundation or knowledge of ITIL processes.
• Understanding of network security.
* Requisition ID: 190005ZU
* Shift: Rotating
* Posting Date: Apr 23, 2019