about 1 month ago
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“Our team is responsible for Access network design of the Sky retail and business VoIP network. We’re looking forward to welcoming someone new to our friendly, driven team” – David Cohen, Head of Access Network Development
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Primary purpose of this role is to be a VoIP/SIP designer within the Access network domain contributing to the SIP ATA design for Sky Retail and Business VoIP services.
– Design and maintain technical specifications for Access network component of the Sky Retail and Business VoIP end-2-end solutions, including SIP ATA specification for the Sky Hub and any 3rd party ATAs Sky specify
– Iterate the above designs in order to interoperate with multiple wholesale provider SBC/IMS platforms
– Review/expand test plans to validate VoIP services delivered over Sky specified ATA
– Interact with the Access Network CPE design engineers to ensure end-2-end functionality of the VoIP solution, specifically the interactions and design of the on-board ATA of the Sky Hub
– Writing and reviewing high level design technical documentation
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
– Experience with ATA integrated into a residential gateway
– Experience of the SIP protocol and the media transport protocol RTP/RTCP and a good understanding of the IMS infrastructure
– Practical knowledge of SIP messaging, call flows and analysis of packet captures.
– Expert knowledge of VoIP – both signalling (h.248 / SIP) and RTP (G.711/G.723) and its transport across Access infrastructure and issues that may arise as well as knowledge of core control functions (IMS, Softswitch).
– Experience working with Access Network technologies, including xDSL, Dynamic Line Management (DLM), FTTx, G.Fast and PON.
– An experience of writing professional documentation of designs, test plans, operations handover and support processes
UK Tech:Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Brick Lane Office, Spitalfields, East End of London
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.