4 months ago
The role holder works under limited supervision generally in routine business as usual situations supporting several products, product sets and systems to help maintain the availability of the IT services delivered to end users. The role holder is also able to resolve non routine issues and recognizes the importance of meeting Service Level Agreements and is focused on meeting customer expectations. The role holder will resolve escalations from other team members and will have a good knowledge of their working area, processes and required technical skills.
• Technical Capability. Fully able to support end users with routine technical queries relating to products/systems (e.g. Microsoft products, operating systems, networks, applications, PCS).
• Business Awareness. Has an understanding of the customers’ environment and service delivery requirements to enable the delivery of the service.
• Process. Documents actions taken in resolving routine and non routine customer enquiries ensuring established processes/systems are followed.
• Problem Solving. Takes ownership for listening to and understanding problems asking relevant questions to resolve problems within required timescales. Knows when to escalate, but retains interest to learn from the escalation.
• Service Level. Escalates issues as necessary to deliver required service level and meet or exceed customer expectations/SLA. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
• Team Working. Is a valued team member. Able to support less experienced team members.
• Professional Development. Takes responsibility for learning about current products/systems to build own technical knowledge to support business requirements.
The 2nd tier support role will require the candidate to investigate and resolve issues and incidents passed on from the 1st tier support team. The 2nd Tier will in effect be the first line of investigative response and will be required to manage and own assigned incidents escalated from the 1st tier support team. These incidents will cover both infrastructure and application issues which require investigation and resolution or escalation to 3rd tier support. The individual will also be asked to support other supporting activities including but not limited to the following:
* Executing assigned technical maintenance activities
* Providing technical input into resolver groups
* Providing technical input into 1st line support scripts to reduce incident escalation to 2nd tier
* Providing technical input into service management reports
* Highlighting potential service improvements to the tier lead
* Technically supporting ad-hoc requirements from the support and delivery teams
The successful candidate will:
* Be orange cleared or willing to be Orange cleared. Excellent customer communication skills will be required as well as a good technical knowledge of infrastructure, applications and secure IT solutions.
* Have knowledge of secure MOD infrastructures, protective marking, security caveats, Impact Levels, security clamps, would be advantageous.
* Have a knowledge of Command & Battlespace Management, Command and Control or C4ISR will be a considerable advantage. As will knowledge of NATO applications or coalition operations.
Key Performance Indicators
• Feedback from customers, colleagues and team managers.
• Technical Assessments.
• Evidence of sharing and re-use of knowledge.
• Correct management of processes followed to deliver the service.
• Percentage of customer problems resolved within required timescales.
• Meeting service level requirements.
* Excellent team player, takes ownership of assigned tasks and anticipates and identifies potential issues and service improvements.
* Experience of IT support, incident resolution and / or system management of secure IT solutions, IT infrastructures, application hosting or components that contribute to IT service delivery.
* Excellent customer communication skills.
* Technical knowledge of secure IT infrastructures, applications and IT security policies and enforcement.
* Experience in supporting secure IT infrastructures
* Experience in incident resolution and / or system management of secure IT infrastructures
* Proven technical understanding and support of some or all of:
* Understanding of ITIL system management
* Windows Server 2008 platforms
* Microsoft Group Policies
* Supporting Citrix XenApp application access
* VMware ESX and vCentre
* Management of SAN based storage system (ideally NetApp)
* Base understanding of Systems Centre Operations Manage 2007, 2010 or ideally 2012
* Base understanding of Systems Centre Configuration Manager 2007, 2010 or ideally 2012 software delivery
* Fujitsu Primergy RX and BX server management
* Anti-Virus management and reporting
* Experience of HP Protect Tools password management
* Lumension Application and Device Control (or Sanctuary)
* Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
* SharePoint Site Management
* SQL Server 2008 database management
* Oracle 10g database management
* Postgres Database’s management
* Experience of Java based application support
* Appache web server management and support
* IIS web services management and support
* Cisco switch management
* Cisco Firewall management
* CA Spectrum reporting
* Requisition ID: 1900059T
* Shift: Variable
* Posting Date: Jun 17, 2019