10 months ago
No. of Openings:4
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Our Construction Graduate Development program will give you first-hand experience across all the business processes. You will be at the very heart of our business.
Bechtel’s Graduates have a wide range and variety of opportunities available to them, with truly international career prospects. Experience on a project site, both in the UK and abroad is offered and encouraged right from the start; so that you see world-class work taking place on the ground. From day one, you can look forward to working on challenging projects.
The ability to take the initiative and work well in a team are crucial skills for Bechtel Graduates. Our people are excited by achieving tangible results.
Finding practical solutions to complex problems is central to our success, so you'll need more than just exceptional academic talent. You have to be able to grasp the essentials of any situation quickly, think on your feet, come up with workable ideas, and then communicate them clearly and persuasively.
Health & Safety
* On course for a Bachelors (2:1 or above), masters or PhD in occupational health and safety or a similar degree
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in English with Strong PC literacy (especially in MS Excel and Word)
* Be able to work independently and demonstrate initiative as well as operate effectively as part of a team
* Be flexible and enthusiastic, producing high quality work and have an eye for detail
* Be an graduate member of IOSH (or similar industry body);
* Technical understanding of and ability to identify potential hazards and undertake risk assessments, including the determination of mitigation to reduce risks.
* Input into the development and delivery of health and safety training courses, awareness tools and communication briefings for all levels of the organisation
* Input into the development of operational manuals, procedures, internal health and safety policies
* Collate, interpret and report statistical health and safety performance data.
* Participate in Inspections and audit of project sites to assess that health and safety programs and controls are implemented effectively.
* Be familiar with Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems Standards such as OHSAS 18001 including implementation at project level.
* Preparing technical reports.
* Work experience that demonstrates an interest in this subject area of the construction industry and extra-curricular activities will assist in your application.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Posting notes: || graduate ||