8 months ago
No. of Openings:3
Bechtel is one of the most respected Engineering, Procurement and Construction companies in the world. With operations in more than 140 countries and over 53,000 employees across the globe, we're tackling the kind of ground-breaking projects that will shape the world today and define the way we live our lives tomorrow.
By joining Bechtel’s Graduate Programme, you will take part in an exciting programme that offers:
* Industry experience
* Highly competitive salary and full benefits package
* Networking and social events with other graduates
* Structured learning and development
* Full support towards obtaining Chartership (our programme is accredited by the IMechE)
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Opportunities for mechanical engineering graduates are available in Infrastructure (highways, rail/metro systems, urban developments, airports etc.) and Oil, Gas and Chemicals business units. Depending on the area you apply for the duties in your day to day role will vary.
* Here you can join us in either engineering or construction and you can expect to gain a broad view of our business. As a field engineer we can provide you with hands on mechanical engineering experience on site.
* Assisting in the design, installation and quality of the mechanical elements on the project
* Resolving technical issues and leading regular coordination meetings with the client
* Coordinating and resolving technical issues with the other disciplines
* Coordinating constructability reviews for all the services within the new and existing civil assets
* Additional experience or opportunities in other functions and international assignments.
Oil, Gas and Chemicals
• Preparing and reviewing calculations, drawings, specifications and datasheets of mechanical equipment
• Reviewing design documents from equipment suppliers
• Design calculations and equipment sizing
• Material takeoffs and estimating support
• Design specifications
• Material requisitions which list the scope of work for our suppliers
• Project engineering/ management of the Vendors and Contractors who provide equipment into our projects.
• Construction support
• Conducting computer aided design (CAD) & computer aided engineering (CAE) for 3D modelling of the whole plant.
• Successful candidates should be on track for a relevant 2:1 Masters Degree in mechanical engineering (or overseas equivalent), and be legally allowed to work in the UK/EU.
• Work experience relevant to the area you are applying to and extra-curricular activities will assist in your application.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Posting notes: || graduate ||