10 months ago
Are you looking for a Software Engineering placement for your year in industry? We’re looking for students to join our engineering teams in London and Bristol in July 2020 for 9-12 months. You’ll be working alongside, and doing the same job as our permanent Software Engineers, as well as being paid a good salary.
A year in industry placement can be a fantastic opportunity to gain insight into the commercial world, and gain experience that will fast forward you in your career. Here are some of the things you’ll get involved with at OVO:
* Working in Product teams, delivering real value to customers
* Agile software development practices
* Coding with cutting edge technologies, such as Scala, React and Kafka
* Distributed systems and event driven architectures
* Effective automated testing
* DevOps practices, such as: Continuous Integration; Infrastructure as Code; Monitoring and Alerting
* Cloud computing
We take on placement students because we believe in nurturing talent. We have a culture of learning, and some of the ways you’ll be supported are through mentoring and regular meetings with your manager, pair programming with other engineers, a wide range of internal training courses, and access to Safari Books Online for a large library of technical books and courses.
Diverse teams are the best teams.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds: the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
In our London and Bristol tech hubs we have over 150 Software Engineers all with varying backgrounds and levels of experience. One key thing that all of our engineers have in common is a desire to develop brilliant, industry-disrupting products as well as their own skills.
Our mission is to fuel human progress with clean, abundant energy for all.
Today, OVO is no longer simply an energy retail business; it is a group of innovative, dynamic companies, all striving to harness technological advances with great customer propositions.
We are the leading innovator in energy technology, a sector that is currently experiencing a period of rapid change, and are always reimagining how energy should be controlled in the digital age. Not only are we contributing to changes in supplying retail consumers; we are also creating an intelligent control platform for the grid itself, creating support for more renewable energy using batteries and electric vehicles.
We also built the first mobile payment solution for pay as you go customers, and are integrating smart home technology into energy supply. Our systems use the best technology has to offer, enabling the real time data streams behind our best in market customer products.
We have a very strong engineering culture that’s all about empowerment and ownership.
You’re the right person for us if:
* You are genuinely passionate about software development, and love coding and solving problems.
* You’ve probably gone beyond what’s required for your course, maybe coding some side projects, or taking a deep dive into some aspect of technology you find interesting.
* You’re hungry for new experiences, and have a powerful drive to keep learning.
* We feel that you’ll make the most of all the opportunities available to you during your placement.