5 months ago
What will you be getting up to?
Our graduate electrical engineers work in world class teams to design and deliver sustainable solutions. Our work spans a variety of sectors including building services, power, transportation, telecoms, and water. As the digital revolution is applied to the provision of essential services, electrical engineering will play a central role in creating smart infrastructure, helping to deliver better and quicker performance.
You will have the option to work within the following areas:
* Power: you’ll have the chance to work on large scale projects alongside our teams. From protection devices and tidal sources to power transmission and distribution technologies – you’ll have a real variety when it comes to working with power generation sources such oil and gas and nuclear. We have roles in our Transmission and Distribution team in Brighton.
* Water: water is essential to our everyday lives. With our water teams, you’ll be involved in a range of projects; from sewage electrical systems pumps to the design of electrical elements. We have roles within the water treatment teams and waste water teams based in Seaham, Wrexham and Shifnal.
* Intelligent transport systems: The intelligent transport systems team have over 20 years of experience delivering robust and innovative technology services, our experts work closely with public and private sector clients worldwide. They are a design team focused on producing work on a client by client basis. Working closely with the client, the team set the specifications and standard and ensure the delivery through working together with our sectors in the business, such as geo-tech/ environmental teams. An example of the projects they work on include: roadside communications- such as traffic monitors, CCTV, telephones etc. We have a role available in our Bristol office.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for electrical engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved a 2:2 or above in one of the following degree disciplines:
* Electrical engineering
* Electrical and Electronic engineering
When you apply you will be asked to choose which sectors you are applying for; your sector choices should reflect where you are passionate about starting your future career. You should be able to demonstrate your interest in your chosen sector through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
* Methodical approach to problem solving
* Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
* Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
* Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.