4 months ago
We are seeking graduates who are forward thinking, innovative and inquisitive to join our exceptional Intelligent Systems Expertise Centre team as part of our 2019 Graduate Programme.
Altran is seeking final year students (BSc, MSc or PhD), who are currently studying a computing, mathematics, engineering or science discipline and are interested in working at a company that delivers high-integrity, software-intensive systems in Bath.
All graduates will be given opportunities to gain experience in the software development life-cycle by rotating through multiple roles on multiple projects. This on-the-job training will cover requirements engineering, systems design and decomposition, architectural design, coding, verification and validation.
Successful applicants’ opportunities could include:
* Developing the requirements for a train control system
* Using mathematical proof to demonstrate that safety properties are met
* Developing code that will fly all over the world and operate 24/7 without incident for decades
* Developing reference models
* Researching new tools and techniques
As part of our graduate development programme Altran will provide you with the support you need to excel, including:
* A personal line manager/coach who will work with you to identify your personal development goals
* A tailor-made five-day software engineering induction course
* A series of 10+ one-hour foundation workshops presented by resident experts
* Opportunities to select courses from a long list of course providers or attend relevant conferences
* Regular forums to share experience and ideas across the business.
The start date of this graduate programme will be September 2019.
Graduates applying for these roles should have good communication skills – you will be expected to work within teams of varying sizes and be able to communicate ideas with other members of the team. You should possess good organisation skills and share our enthusiasm for innovation.
A key attribute of any applicant seeking to fulfil this role is that they understand the importance of Software Engineering as an engineering discipline.
This role may require obtaining the relevant level of security clearance.
* A first-class or 2:1 in a computing, mathematics, engineering, or science discipline
* Post-graduate qualifications are also welcomed.
When I first joined Altran, I was working as part of the test team on a project that is part of a large air traffic control system. This was a brand new experience for me but I always had the support that I needed from the rest of the team. I learned a lot about the tools and processes used in verifying high-integrity software, which I applied to the design and the creation of a new tool that increased the efficiency of loading test data. I am now part of the project development team and have worked through multiple development cycles, from start to finish. Moving between teams was simple and helped grow my understanding of the overall project.
As a result of working in both environments, I've been able to identify my strengths and weaknesses to ensure that I'm continually improving. Although I studied Maths and Physics at University, the Altran graduate programme provided me with the skills and opportunities to become a well-rounded software engineer, even gaining me an accredited software testing certificate.