about 1 year ago
2019 Graduate GPU System Driver and Tools Software Engineer for Linux
Job no: 496836
Work type: Graduate - Immediate Start
Location: Kings Langley, UK
Categories: Drivers, Graphics, Linux, OS Kernel, System on Chip and System Design
Joining a team of software engineers developing Linux drivers for the full family of PowerVR Graphics cores, the successful candidate will contribute to design, implementation and maintenance of the software drivers for the current and next generation of graphics cores. The role also offers an opportunity to work with customers on occasion, solving issues to enable their new PowerVR-powered SoC platforms.
Services team members can expect to acquire a wide range of GPU driver development and OS integration skills, as well as involvement in core driver road-map feature design and development. One of the team's additional responsibilities is for driver-side tooling infrastructure, enabling sophisticated in house tools to be utilised for analysing and debugging the driver call stack. The work is varied and you would be expected to develop code in system libraries, kernel driver modules and debugging tools/scripts.
The successful candidate will be developing driver software for cutting edge future devices with the opportunity to work on platforms from our customers, many of which lead the world in the products they create.
* Contribute to the driver architecture to support current and next generation cores through software design techniques
* Become the expert of one or more key areas of the driver with code expertise
* Assist the customer engineering team with customer software/platform issues, integrating and porting our drivers to new SoCs
* Be involved with GPU driver debugging involving GPU emulation, software simulators, RTL simulations as well as internal and customer silicon to root-cause complex GPU driver issue
* Develop driver tooling or tool improvements to aid the team and business in general
Abilities make possibilities
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
* C programming experience
* Python and Shell scripting an advantage
* Linux platform use for software development (e.g. Ubuntu based distro)
* Confidence in your own ability and are a self-motivated attitude
* Ability to communicate effectively and work well in a team
* Ability to understand and communicate complex ideas
You might also have
* Any knowledge of OS kernels and driver programming and concepts is useful
* Ability to absorb and understand complex designs from existing code
* Flexibility to adapt to different programming environments
* Knowledge of Linux and Android system software and kernels, but other OS experience will be considered
* Understanding of embedded real-time operating systems and associated concepts
* CPU operations, concepts and assembly language
* BSc/BEng in Engineering or Computing or Maths/Physics with a computing focus or equivalent relevant experience
Until good is better and better is best
Dare to dream big? We’ll encourage you to pursue your dream. We listen, we’re open and we’re honest. Whatever it is you need you’ll be respected and helped along your way.
Invent the future
The people at Imagination enable the tech that’s shaping our world, from virtual reality to smart phones, autonomous cars to space probes. It’s their creativity that has enabled Imagination to power world-changing electronic products.
Want to join the team?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button.
Advertised: 21 May 2019 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: 21 Jun 2019 GMT Daylight Time