about 1 year ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Length: 12 months
Help develop the compilers and tools that build the code in the world’s devices. Arm is looking for enthusiastic and motivated interns studying Computer Science or a related subject, to join our teams working on compilers and toolchains for the Arm architecture. Your work could include GNU tools (GCC, binutils, glibc), LLVM, or our commercial toolchain (Arm Compiler).
As an intern, you’ll get hands-on experience with the tools, including compilers, linkers and C/C++ libraries. Typical projects might include adding small features or optimizations and there’s the potential for engaging with open-source community and contributing your work.
If you have an interest in low-level software and development tools, then we would like to hear from you!
Essential Skills & Experience
* Experience of programming in C/C++.
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated, someone who is technically versatile, willing to be flexible and learn new skills that you can apply across multiple types of work.
* Demonstrable ability to work effectively alone or in a team – for example on course projects.
Desirable Skills and Experience
* Understanding of the purpose and structure of compilers, assemblers and linkers.
* Experience of contributing to an open-source project and working with an open-source community.
Education & Qualifications
You will need to be studying for a degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering, or an alternative and with relevant experience outside your course.
How to Apply
If you are passionate about this role, click ‘apply now’.
We are currently only able to support applications from candidates who are already eligible to work and live in the UK. This might also include individuals who are currently under the Tier 4 study visa scheme. Therefore, you will automatically be deselected if this requirement isn’t met.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps