10 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Intern Systems Engineer will join the Embedded and Automotive Line of Business – EA LoB at Arm that looks at exciting industry verticals including Automotive, Embedded, Robotics, AI, Security etc. With the Arm architecture increasingly being designed into many devices and platforms in these market segments, software and system analysis is critical to our success.
The Vehicle Architecture and System Analysis Team provide engineering support to the rest of the business group. Typically this involves proving engineering analysis, data and technical collateral to the rest of the team to ultimately help drive the business. This technical collateral can take many forms including system analysis, system tear downs, competitive benchmarking, system architectural understanding and deciphering partner’s RFIs. (Request for Information)
In terms of forward looking activities, the team is also responsible for producing systems to show case a proof of concept. In this scenario, the candidate would be responsible for specifying, building the hardware and developing the appropriate software to support the system.
What will I be accountable for?
Working as part of the Systems architecture team, the ideal candidate will be responsible for
* System tear downs of automotive and embedded systems
* System analysis, looking at performance, power, processing utilisation, memory band width etc.
* System level benchmarking to aid in competitive analysis
* Producing demos to show case proof of concept
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
* A good understanding of a system, both hardware and software
* Strong programming skills in C, C++ and scripting
* Familiarity with lab equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, data access equipment
* Experience in LabVIEW would be beneficial
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
We are proud to have a set of behaviors that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence their attitudes/behaviors as part of the application process:
* A desire to understand how systems work
* A practical “can-do” attitude when it comes to understanding system
* Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to effectively develop materials that
are appropriate for the audience.
* Strong presentation skills. Able to effectively present and defend point of view to a variety of audiences.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road