7 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for enthusiastic interns interested in exploring the world of digital design and verification. At Arm you will collaborate and learn from worldwide experts and experience how the next-generation Media Processors, CPU and Systems IP that will fuel billions of devices world-wide are designed.
2018 Hardware Interns – Design & Verification
There are intern design and verification roles within the three groups that are responsible for delivering Arm’s new hardware IP designs.
* The Systems Group is focused on the interconnect and systems IP that is critical to achieving high performance system-on-chip designs.
* The CPU Group is focused on mainstream processors ranging from high-end cores to micro-controllers.
* The Media Processing Group is focused on graphics, video and display processors.
What will your role be?
As an intern you will work alongside experienced engineers within one of the IP development teams in Arm. Interns will be given real project tasks and will be supported by experienced engineers. Examples of previous project tasks are:
* Developing and trialling new processes for use by the design/verification teams.
* Investigating alternative options for existing design or verification implementations.
As a Design & Verification intern you will gain exposure to leading-edge Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools, different aspects of developing highly-complex design/methodologies and be given training where necessary, giving you the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities whilst contributing to current and future project developments in Arm.
Are you a good fit for Arm?
In order to be considered, you will be on track to receive at least a 2.1 degree (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant subject. Other degree types may be considered with relevant experience.
Essential skills and experience that we look for in a successful Design and Verification Intern include:
* An engineering mind-set with strong problem-solving skills
* A keen interest in processors and digital systems
* Familiarity with basic digital design concepts
* Experience of at least one programming language
* Excellent attention to detail
* Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively
* Good inter-personal and teamwork skills
Desirable skills & experience:
* Understanding of computer architecture fundamentals
* Knowledge of one of the following: Arm architecture, GPU or display architecture, Systems architecture
* Familiarity with a hardware description language, such as VHDL or Verilog/SystemVerilog
* Exposure to verification techniques and testbenches
* Programming languages such as: assembly language (ideally Arm assembler), higher-level (e.g. C), object-oriented (e.g. C++)
* Use of a UNIX environment and shell programming/scripting in e.g. Tcl, Perl, Python etc.
What’s in it for you?
As an intern at Arm you will work on real projects that have real impact, while also building on key skills for your future studies and employment. We believe in developing talent for the future, and therefore aim to offer many of our interns a graduate position once they have finished their studies.
Working on interesting new projects is exciting but we also know how important it is to receive support. That’s why you will have regular 1-to-1 meetings with your line manager who will be able to offer ongoing support, feedback and development opportunities. You will be given a certain amount of flexibility and freedom in how you decide to complete your project tasks. As well as being offered a competitive salary, there are also opportunities to get involved in some of the many social events that are organised within Arm.
We are currently only able to support applications from candidates who are already eligible to work and live in the UK. This might also include individuals who are currently under the Tier 4 study visa scheme. Therefore, you will automatically be deselected if this requirement isn’t met.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps