8 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As a Graduate, you will be part of a team focused on improving the quality of software delivery from the group. You will have the opportunity to implement new test frameworks, test automation setup and influence the overall quality with essential tooling. In addition to ensuring the quality of software deliverables from the group, you would have the opportunity to shape and champion the test methodology and tooling used within internal teams.
You will be placed in a team at ARM’s offices in Cambridge, UK where you will have a mentor, and will have exposure to testing challenges faced in software - ranging from low level firmware to operating systems. You will also be offered the opportunity to explore other teams within ARM during your first 12 months with us, as part of our Graduate Rotation programme.
Essential Skills & Qualities:
• A passion for all aspects of software engineering with interest in embedded software systems.
• A passion/interest in software testing and quality
• An eye for detail and willingness to learn
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible, with strong inter-personal skills, ability to work on own initiative and enjoy working in a team
• Experience in coding with scripting languages like Python, Perl
• Experience in coding with C or C++
Desirable Skills & Qualities:
• Project experience in software testing or related tooling.
• Familiarity with test automation frameworks and test harness development
• Basic understanding of computer architecture and assembly language
• Embedded devices, and programming beyond using a microcontroller
• Familiarity with continuous integration tools like Jenkins, SCM tools like Git
• Fundamental knowledge on software security testing
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
• A Team player who can be counted on
• Willingness to learn and share and improve continuously
• An eye for detail and open to challenges
• Impeccable integrity
• Unwavering focus
We are currently only able to support applications from candidates who are already eligible to work and live in the UK. This might also include individuals who are currently under the Tier 4 study visa scheme. Therefore, you will automatically be deselected if this requirement isn’t met.
For all internal applications the deadline for application submission is April 19th 2018.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road