4 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This role presents a phenomenal opportunity to move into Machine Learning and Computer Vision, key technologies for the future of computing. Working on state of the art of Arm technology, you will help create the software that powers the next generation of mobile apps, portable devices, home automation, smart cities, self-driving cars, and much more.
About the role
Arm is entering a new and exciting growth phase to develop innovative technologies and best-in-class products for existing and new markets. To do this we need talented, innovative and motivated people to join our global team. At Arm you will work with the world’s best companies as we build sector-leading products from our IP. You’ll share ideas with and learn new skills from the best engineers in the world. We work in small teams, so your contributions will make a difference. This role offers you the chance to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of computer vision and machine learning.
What will I be accountable for?
If you join the ML software team, you will design, implement and test new software libraries for Arm CPUs and GPUs. These development tasks span the whole lifecycle; feature analysis, task breakdown, system design and implementation. Alternatively, in one of the ML product teams, you could be building the software driver for a new Arm neural network accelerator. You could also investigate and report on trends in computer vision or audio processing, then utilize this data to project performance on future hardware designs.
More than anything else, you have a willingness to absorb as much as possible about this new frontier. Given the impact and reach of this field, you'll be encouraged to share this knowledge with other engineering specialists across the company.
Education & Qualifications
Working towards or completed university degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or a related field at 2.1 level.
Skills & Experience
* Passion for Software development (essential).
* Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively (essential).
* Exposure to C++ programming language (differentiating).
* Hands-on experience of machine learning and neural networks (aspirational)
* Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
Arm is proud to have a set of behaviours that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. This reflects our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to showcase their attitudes/behaviours during the application process:
* Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you aim to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
* Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve the best outcome for both.
* Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
* Collaboration / communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
* Personal impact / influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
* Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
What can I expect in Arm’s recruitment process?
Arm hires early careers talent on a rolling basis and we have a limited number of roles available. We therefore encourage students to apply as soon as possible to ensure you have the best chance of being considered. If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to take part in a digital/ telephone interview. If this interview goes well, we'll invite you to a selection day/ onsite interview. We'll be holding selection days every month where you will have the opportunity to learn more about Arm and meet our teams in person.
We are currently only able to support applications from those who are already eligible to work and live in the UK. This might also include individuals who are currently under the Tier 4 study visa scheme. Therefore, you will automatically be deselected if this requirement isn’t met.
As part of our continuing commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, Arm has an Affirmative Action Program for females, minorities, individuals with disability, veterans, special disabled veterans and other protected veterans. This plan reflects our policy of hiring and promoting individuals based on ability and potential and without regard to those facts that have no bearing on the execution of job responsibilities.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road