12 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location: Cambridge, UK
About the role
ARM is looking for a skilled and motivated engineer to join the team that is modelling ARM’s next generation architectures and devices. You will create C++ software models of leading edge ARM technologies that will power future systems in markets such as data centres, mobile communications and the Internet of Things (IoT). You will join an experienced multinational development team located in Cambridge, UK.
What will I be accountable for?
You will work as part of a team developing and debugging high performance models of ARM’s leading edge IP and systems, the core simulation software and integration tools.
Key objectives of this role include:
* Developing, testing and maintaining high speed software models for ARM’s advanced CPU and system level IP.
* Creating Virtual Platforms that can be used for early software development.
* Helping to produce and execute model development plans in conjunction with project management and engineering peers.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
Essential Skills & Experience
* You will be expecting to achieve a degree in Computer Science or a similar subject.
* You will have good knowledge about coding in C++, C or Python.
Desirable Skills & Experience
* Experience with Linux, scripting and source control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion).
How to Apply
If you are passionate about this role, click ‘apply now’.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road