7 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm has been a leading edge provider for CPU, GPU & Media system IP over a long period of time and has been a market leader. The site in Cambridge is as the heart of this development with a culture of collaboration and innovation. Arm is the best company in global technology and welcomes the most talented people from around the world.
Arm’s largest and most prolific design centre is located in the quiet countryside of Cambridgeshire. This outstanding design centre has delivered leading products from Arm’s Cortex processor family, such as Cortex-A15, Cortex-R7 or Cortex-M33 as well as the Mali GPUs. Here in the SSG group we build the platforms of the future with the latest and greatest of these offerings from the Arm IP portfolio.
In System Design you could be:
* Helping to develop a hardware platform that can guide our customers to best solution for their market
* Implement complex logic using Verilog to bridge a gap in a system
* Benchmark a system to provide data that can be used to guide future development
* Verify a complex element such as a CPU, GPU, Display or Crypto-cell
* Help to take a platform to silicon
Education & Qualifications
You will preferably be an undergraduate from a University or Engineering School, in electronic engineering or computer science. Other science graduates would be considered if you have relevant experience.
Enthusiasm for science and technology with especial reference to mobile computing, IoT and creative engineering. The systems we are developing are challenging in both the area of hardware design and software. You will find that you are expected to find solutions where such a challenge presents itself so this will test your creativity and you ability to work in an autonomous manner.
Essential Skills & Experience
The essential skills for a candidate should include:
* Excellent written and spoken English communication, capable of writing coherent reports, influencing and building consensus
* Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges
* Knowledge of microprocessor, ASIC systems
* Use of UNIX and shell programming
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively
* Good inter-personal skills
Desirable Skills & Experience
These are nice to have skills:
* Assembly language programming, ideally in Arm assembler.
* HDL (Verilog/VHDL) and Synthesis design knowledge
* Programming language (C/C++, Python, Perl)
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
* Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
* Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
* Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
* Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
* Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
* Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road